Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Laws / WeeksEnd wine

no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Laws / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:01 pm

b'sd
Many laws and ordinances.But one of them says distance yourself from this one.The only one with that added precaution.
Have a good one; H
User

YoelA

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:43 pm

Tel Aviv, Israel

Re: Laws / WeeksEnd wine

by YoelA » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:02 pm

Last shabbat.
2014 Yarden pinot noir. Wasn't sure what to expect since I have not been impressed by Israeli pinots so far. This one, however is pretty good. Doesn't taste like either a Burgundy or a California pinot but does have some of the essential characteristics of the grape.
The label states "Aging in French oak barrels for 16 months yields an elegant, complex wine layering fruit, floral and spice characteristics with that of rich oak." Elegant - check. Complex - somewhat. Fruit - check. Floral - not able to determine. Rich oak - definitely, probably 16 months was a bit too long. Overall, not bad at all unless oak turns you off.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

by Harry J » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:49 pm

hi, recanati shiraz'16, non mev. though not discernibly tannic a very enjoyable wine. recanati cab '16 nice fruit with a touch of smokiness. galil mt ela '14 nice but overshadowed by memory of alon '12.
User

YoelA

Rank

Wine guru

Tel Aviv, Israel

by YoelA » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:09 am

2010 Carmel carignan. Looks to me that it's just over the peak and beginning on the down-slope. Nevertheless a very good wine. Brownish-red in color, still pretty aromatic nose. Seems to be without much tannin but flavors are still fine. If I can find some more i might put it away for a couple of years to see what further time would do.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

by Harry J » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:56 am

Very much enjoyed Gilgal Syrah'14.Has all in a syrah that i look for. h
User

YoelA

Rank

Wine guru

Tel Aviv, Israel

by YoelA » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:02 am

2016 Recanati rose. For Shabbat with family members who are not knowledgeable about wine but who are appreciative that I bring wine that's to their liking. This one is a reputable member of the Recanati line of table wines. Mix of barbera and merlot. Dry with good acidity and went well with a well-seasoned meal. People liked it; for some their first rose..
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:44 pm

We recently enjoyed a South African "Goats Do Roam" 2013 Rhone-style red with dinner with friends. A cheap wine, made in the style of a Cotes-du-Rhone, as the name implies. It was a little hot on the alcohol side at 14 percent but otherwise showed off Rhone flavors in its Grenache-based raspberry and raspberry liqueur aromas and flavors.