Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Accounting / WeeksEnd wine

no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Accounting / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:32 pm

bsd
Details are so important as the are the construct of the whole.Yet the challenge oiften can be in not getting lost in those very details. Sometimes the more thats created the more the Creator is hidden and sometimes more revealed.
Have a good one, H
no avatar
User

YossiD

Rank

Wine geek

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:17 am

Re: Accounting / WeeksEnd wine

by YossiD » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:55 pm

So philosophical and the implications to wine are oh so clear. While analyzing wines and trying to identify the various flavors and nuances can be fun, let's not forget to let go for a while and just enjoy it.

Shabbat dinner was roast turkey with sauteed vegetables and a garden salad, paired with Bar Maor Tamuz 2013. Tamuz is a delightful blend (Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon) that goes nicely with a wide variety of dishes and is approachable shortly after opening, though the half hour I gave was definitely beneficial.

Shavua tov.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

by Harry J » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:14 pm

hi, tried something different in brand and turned out to be different in profile; Tura shiraz'14. Also very much enjoyed Gilgal cab'13.H
User

YoelA

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:43 pm

Tel Aviv, Israel

by YoelA » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:13 pm

This past Shabbat.
2013 Geshem "Ron", a GSM blend (41/41/18). On opening the wine seemed a bit thin and watery. That was resolved on days 2 and 3. This wine has good fruit, reasonable alcohol (14%), good acid, good structure and a fair finish. It's been a long time since I have drunk a Chateauneuf-du-Pape so I cannot compare but it seems to me that this wine (which right now shows a combination of earthiness and good fruit) might develop some interesting flavors down the road.
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

by Harry J » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:08 am

last week black tulip,couldnt pickup on it.galil mt viognier'13,developed a tiny bit of sweetness.h