Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Speed / WeeksEnd wine

no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Speed / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:38 am

b"sd
How often my delaying albeit with rationilization not only delays but runs the risk of not getting done. Yet deliberating is neccesary to ascertain attention to proper motives and very importantly condideration of details. We of course need to choose the proper mode in the proper time.
Have a good one; H
no avatar
User

YossiD

Rank

Wine geek

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:17 am

Re: Speed / WeeksEnd wine

by YossiD » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:22 pm

A few weeks later, but never mind.

Deliberating is a poor excuse for procrastinating. Personally, I procrastinate without making excuses. Doesn't make the procrastination any more forgivable, but at least I'm not trying to justify it.

Deliberating is, however, a perfectly good explanation for the time taken selecting the wine for a particular meal or occasion, as happens most weekends.

This Shabbat was a simple dinner of a ground beef and cabbage casserole with mushrooms sauteed with onions and a splash of white wine, and a garden salad. This went very nicely with a Dipon Allegro 2008 (Cabernet, Merlot, Carignan) that is a bit past its prime but still eminently drinkable.

For Shabbat lunch we were invited, with no clue as to menu. I guessed that it would be either a light meat (fowl) meal or dairy/fish, so I selected a Netofa Latour White 2013 (Chenin Blanc) as I hoped it would work either way. When I saw the salmon I knew I was ok, and everyone enjoyed both the fish and wine.

Shavua tov.