Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Lift / WeeksEnd wine

no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Lift / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri May 25, 2018 6:54 pm

b"sd
? how to lift ones self considering the baggage that comes along with me. count. realize all the variables create a personage thats unique. i might not be this or that but..yet..
Have a good one; H
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Re: Lift / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Sun May 27, 2018 11:40 am

golan winery cab'16. this winery hasnt surfaced since the 2012 vintage arond here.very much worth the wait.by lunch teperberg shiraz'16,ok. h
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Sun May 27, 2018 1:29 pm

Good to see you, Harry! I'll post a weekend note soon.
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Pinchas L » Mon May 28, 2018 3:19 pm

Hi Harry,

Perhaps not the most suitable wine for a hot weekend in New York, but I had the Matar Stratus 2014, with all of its 14.8% abv. I enjoyed it much more upon release, when I felt strong meaty flavors complement the fruit. This time around, I felt mostly the heat, and neither the fruit not the meat cut through it. I also had some leftover Vitkin Grenache Blanc 2016. This, to me, is a highly enjoyable wine, complementing its stone fruit, with a green streak and a garland of flowers. It has sufficient weight to go well with a variety of dishes.

Harry, I'm glad you're back. Hopefully, after landing a job, I'll find myself more in the mood to kick back, enjoy Shabbat, and reflect over a glass of good wine.

Best,
-> Pinchas