Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

Authority / WeeksEnd wine

no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

Authority / WeeksEnd wine

by Harry J » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:17 pm

bsd
A story; In the realm of kosher wine there lived a man who went by the pseudonym Daniel Rogov.He was knowledgable beyond the kosher limits and was a personality too. Many people learned and traveled through the world of wine assisted by him and establishing thus their own likes or dislikes.Sometimes agreeing sometimes not.But if i never flew a plane or learned aviation and go over to the pilot and criticize him; well you can imagine.If i tell surgeon how to operate because i took out a book on surgery..and yet we need to question and we know understand.And that ultimate surgeon will not be insulted but will first listen to whats being and the react.
Have a good one; H
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Authority / WeeksEnd wine

by Robin Garr » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:41 pm

:D
no avatar
User

Moshe F

Rank

Ultra geek

Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:17 pm

Queens, NY

by Moshe F » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:59 am

Hi Reb Harry,
long time no post. I will try and stop by more often. We have been opening a sparkling wine every friday night for the past 2 months or so. Its always nice to celebrate the weeksend... This past Friday night we had the
2015 Hagafen Brut Rosé Napa Valley. I have a couple of bottles and wanted to try this one out. It was really nice. I wanted a little more body but it was still good.
Sunday we opened a
2012 Hagafen Brut Cuvee Prix Reserve Late Disgorged. Really good. A Hagafen weekend I guess...

All the best!
no avatar
User

Harry J

Rank

Wine guru

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:31 pm

by Harry J » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:40 am

Last week ate in 2 places thus needed half bottles,went with galil mt merlot'16. H
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

by Pinchas L » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:52 pm

Hi Harry,

First I had the Matar Charodonnay 2014, a wine I greatly enjoyed for the brightness of its fruit coupled with the nuance of those flavors. Then I had the Flam Merlot 2011, which displayed fresh tobacco alongside the black and red fruit.

Best Regards,
-> Pinchas