Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.

TN for Sukkot (I)

no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

TN for Sukkot (I)

by Pinchas L » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:37 pm

There was plenty of wine to go around the holiday table, especially in the presence of friends and family. One meal was Californian themed. It started out with the Hagafen Cuvee de Noir Sparkling Wine 2007, whose strawberries were still fresh, mousse vibrant and yeast toasty. I followed that with the Hagafen Prix Chardonnay 2013, whose fruit was beautifully embossed by the oak's imprints of vanilla and maple. This wine really came into its own. Finally, I opened a bottle of the Hagafen Prix Pinot Noir 2014. The sharp and focused red fruit was embroidered by racy cocoa, and carried in an elegant body. The weight was perfectly in tune with tones of the fruit and the cask.

Over the other meals I had the Vitkin Riesling 2017, which I hope will acquire additional depth, though it is very pleasant now, too. I also had the Vitkin Gewurztraminer 2017, a wine that showcases beautiful red grapefruit. For reds, I had the Vitkin Special Edition Israeli Journey Red 2016, the BR Cohn Cabernet Sauvignon Trestle Hill 2013, the Hagafen Cabernet Sauvignon 2015 and the Carmel Malbec 2013.

Best,
Pinchas