Founded by the late Daniel Rogov, focusing primarily on wines that are either kosher or Israeli.
no avatar
User

Pinchas L

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Brooklyn, NY

TN for Weekend of November 10th, 2018

by Pinchas L » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:06 am

With dinner Friday night I had the Vitkin Grenache Blanc 2016. The first couple of glasses were extremely refreshing, as the wine expressed its floral and fruity charms. The wine has some oak in its backbone that combines with--what I'd call--the pollen to elevate the stone and summer fruit. I'd be curious to know whether the wine will continue to develop as the winery claims, or that the lack of abundant acid will hinder additional development in the cellar. With lunch, Saturday, I had a bottle of Tishbi Ruby Cabernet 2014. This is a wine that wears it's fruit on its sleeve like a badge of honor. The purity of the fruit shines through bright and clear, to the point that I forgave its excesses. It's the first time for me to come across a "Ruby Cabernet", a grape that's a cross between Carignan and Cabernet Sauvignon, and the wines produced from it aren't highly regarded. Nonetheless, I liked it much better than many other highly acclaimed Israeli Cabernet Sauvignon varietals that taste far too overripe.