The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: What a day for a Daydream(er)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: What a day for a Daydream(er)

by Jenise » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:53 pm

2019 Daydreamer Jasper Okanagan Valley Red Bordeaux Blend
Ever have a wine so delicious and beguiling that you think you could drink that every day for the rest of your life? That was this wine: a killer aromatic Bordeaux blend from British Columbia, merlot-dominant black and blue fruits, a little spicy and a little floral. Lots of depth. Great balance and finish.

2013 Woodward Canyon Cabernet Sauvignon Old Vines Washington
A last-minute change in plans caused us to dive right into this without decanting (no sediment). Firm fruit only just starting to show secondary nuances with grippy tannins that will hold it here for years to come. One of Washington's greatest red wines, and lucky me, I have five more bottles.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: What a day for a Daydream(er)

by David M. Bueker » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:16 pm

That’s a nice pair!

I have been drinking a lot more Cabernet and Cabernet blends the last few weeks. I had forgotten just how much I like Cabernet.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: What a day for a Daydream(er)

by Jenise » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:23 pm

I should have bought more of the Jaspers when we were there in October. At the winery I thought it was good, but then I had a tiny pour in a smaller glass, it was cold out and the gigantic and friendly winery sheep were lumbering over to say hello. So much difference that six months, a generous pour in good glassware, and being in your home make.

I got really lucky on those WCs. They were at a local Safeway that I almost never go to, and whoever had priced them had divided the case price by 12--even though these come in six-packs. So I paid $50 ea instead of $100, and then got a 10% discount on top of that! Woo hoo.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov