The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Ana go with him

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: Ana go with him

by David M. Bueker » Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:17 pm

2012 Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Ana - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Dundee Hills (6/2/2023)
Delicious wine that combines youthful, bright red fruit, and an earthy undercurrent that adds complexity while not overpowering the freshness. It’s an excellent balance, placing the teeter-totter at the level with fun on one side, and fascination on the other. Given the precision I would expect that this can continue to evolve for many years. The components are in sync now, and should remain that way for a long time.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Bob Anderson

Rank

Cellar rat

Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:44 am

Re: WTN: Ana go with him

by Bob Anderson » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:57 pm

We don't get a lot of the medium or smaller sized Oregon producers up in BC, but I was at a dinner in Vegas a month ago and had the 2021 PGC Balcombe Pinot Noir, which was the only reasonably priced wine on the list.
Super young, but with an awesome purity of fruit lurking just under the surface. Wonderful balance for a young wine. A producer I'd like to have in my cellar, if only it was available here.
Kelley Fox IS available here and I have picked up some 2019 Mirabai and some 2021 Chardonnay (Weber Lark Block?).
I tried the Mirabai and it was very similar to the PGC Balcombe.
I'm hoping they grow up to be like the Ana.
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:05 am

Hi Bob - welcome!

I am only recently on the Oregon bandwagon. The winemaker/owner of PGC is quite active on another wine forum, so there's lots of cool insights available. I would also heartily recommend Goodfellow and Vincent if their wines happen to show up in your area. Sadly Kelley Fox is not available in my area, and they can't ship to my state.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:01 pm

Welcome Bob, which area of BC are you in? I am in Alberta but spend July in southern BC butterflying...Castlegar, Paulson, Rock Creek, Keremeos, Princeton.
no avatar
User

Bob Anderson

Rank

Cellar rat

by Bob Anderson » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:24 am

Hi Bob,

Nice to be on this forum.
I live in the Vancouver area and taste regularly with Jenise, Bill Spohn and John Shultis.
We have friends and family on Vancouver Island, so we spend a fair amount of time over there as well.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sun Jun 11, 2023 11:38 am

Bob A: a lunch topic that someof us keep pitching is 'Oregon wines' but Bill seems to be avoiding it. I doubt he has any Oregon wines himself, but Alvin, John and I sure do.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bob Anderson

Rank

Cellar rat

by Bob Anderson » Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:33 pm

Jenise,

That would be an excellent theme to organize a tasting around.
Time to twist Bills rubber arm.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:19 pm

I agree. I think we're going to need to be firm about this. I'd been saving the Thomas to pop for that theme and I have a few others. Can't guarantee I can keep this up much longer though, a girl can't say 'no' forever. :)
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov