The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Dom. de la Becassonne Cotes du RhoneBlanc 2006

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Kyrstyn Kralovec

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:50 pm

Washington DC, Oregon bound

WTN: Dom. de la Becassonne Cotes du RhoneBlanc 2006

by Kyrstyn Kralovec » Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:51 pm

A blend of 50% Roussanne, 20% Clairette and 30% Grenache, this is only the second white Rhone I've tasted as far as I can recall (the first was at an offline in Manila w/ Jay Labrador).

The initial whiff made me think that it might be slightly oxidized, but that blew off immediately and was replaced by candied pear and some floral notes. The taste is of slightly underripe honeydew with some citrus, mineral and a slight chalkiness at the end. Became juicier as it warmed, not too much finish but a pretty pleasing beverage altogether. I would buy this again at $11.99 if for nothing other than a very nice patio wine during the warmer months.
I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. ~John Galt
no avatar
User

John F

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat May 20, 2006 3:50 am

Re: WTN: Dom. de la Becassonne Cotes du RhoneBlanc 2006

by John F » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:44 pm

Interesting you should post this - I picked up a bottle of this Saturday in Tokyo where I live. I was breezing through the store and when I quickly looked at the label I actually thought it said Beaucastel and it was cheap ($14.50 in Tokyo) so I grabbed it.

Realized when I got home what it was but I agree with you it was pretty good and a definite summer wine