The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:52 pm

Connecticut

WTN: 2001 Siduri Clos Pepe Pinot Noir

by David M. Bueker » Fri May 12, 2006 8:10 am

Opened to pair with terriyaki marinated pork chops...

Still very primary and fruity, but also this wine has rounded off on the edges much more than the 2001 Siduris I tried over the last two years. Ripe cherry fruit with some earthiness, and enough stuffing to hide the substantial (15.2%) alcohol. The more air time I gave the wine the better it got, with some additional complexity on the nose and palate. Good stuff, and a decent match with the pork, as the natural sweetness of the wine played well with the sweetness of the marinade.
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: 2001 Siduri Clos Pepe Pinot Noir

by Jenise » Fri May 12, 2006 1:48 pm

Sounds identical to the Loring Clos Pepe we opened on Sunday. This vintage is definitely not developing as quickly as the 99's did.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:52 pm

Connecticut

Re: WTN: 2001 Siduri Clos Pepe Pinot Noir

by David M. Bueker » Fri May 12, 2006 1:54 pm

I have 4 or 5 2001 Siduris left in the cellar and none of them are going to be opened any time soon.
There behind the glass lies a real blade of grass. Be careful as you pass. Move along. Move along.