The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Yay! Spring is finally here...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Howard

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:57 am

Chicago

Yay! Spring is finally here...

by Howard » Mon May 22, 2006 11:57 pm

My case of N.V. (2005) Renardat-Fâche Vin du Bugey-Cerdon Méthode Ancestrale came today!! :D
Howard
no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

Re: Yay! Spring is finally here...

by Howie Hart » Tue May 23, 2006 7:53 am

And I put my snow blower in the garage. Now I'm going to have to use napkins again as I put the long sleeve shirts away. :lol:
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Tue May 23, 2006 9:46 am

That's something to celebrate, to be sure.

This reminds me: last week we opened a Boxler c-d-b from last year that had gotten lost in the cellar. I was a little worried when I opened it that it would be lacking something, but in fact I think it was better than a year ago--a little less fruit forward, a little more complex. So if you don't get around to all your R-F's this summer (I know, fat chance!), don't worry.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Marc D

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:44 pm

Bellingham WA

by Marc D » Tue May 23, 2006 11:51 pm

This years version is really tasty, Howard. We've drank about 6 bottles so far. There is a crunchy cranapple tartness to the usual strawberry frothiness, if that makes any sense. The wine seems to have become quite popular lately. My retailer told me there was 150 cases delivered to this market, and they sold over 100 cases in the first week. It may have been just one shipment he was talking about, I'm not positive. Anyway, good stuff.
Marc Davis