The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Chave & Joguet

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

WTN: Chave & Joguet

by Saina » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:10 pm

• 2004 Domaine Jean-Louis Chave St. Joseph Offerus - France, Rhône, Northern Rhône, St. Joseph (12/29/2007)
    A fleshy, buxom, expressive and ripe, but typically N. Rhône character. It is dark toned and a touch candied, but I still find it interesting. It has good grip, refreshing but unobtrusive acidity, ripe and dark fruit. The aftertaste is long but more fruit-forward than I would hope, despite some nice minerality. I quite like this!
  • 2005 Charles Joguet Chinon Les Petites Roches - France, Loire Valley, Touraine, Chinon (12/29/2007)
    A very dark & primary colour. A very dark & primary nose. Reductive and too lactic at first. The next day: though this does show some attractive cigar and pepper and herb notes, this is un-Chinonily dark and dense. It is sweet and dark toned on the palate; dense, heavy and full-bodied. It seems more unctuous than refreshing despite its savoury elements. I do like the juicy tannins, though.

I find it has crossed the boundary where I find wines too dense to thoroughly enjoy now. I don't know what to think of this wine - I really can't say if it will change into a wine that I would enjoy in a few years. If only I would have space in my cabinet to store a bottle I would buy one to see in a couple years. At the present showing, I'm not convinced enough that I should make the space.

Posted from CellarTracker