The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Peter May's Marilyn Merlot and the Naked Grape - The Book

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Hannu Lehmusvuori

Rank

Wine geek

Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:24 pm

by Hannu Lehmusvuori » Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:18 pm

I might presume that this topic has already appeared here since Robin made it public already a while ago, but I want to contribute to it personally having just received Peter's book from Amazon.

So, if you have not noticed before, Peter May's ISBN 1-59474-099-2 Marilyn Merlot and the Naked Grape is available e.g. from Amazon.com -and perhaps from this site (if so, do order it here).

I fell so much in love with the little, exciting book, that I wrote a review on it in Amazon:

For the true dionysian wine lover, June 10, 2006
Reviewer: Hannu Lehmusvuori "Hannu" (Finland, Espoo)

From the very beginning: Peter May's, and Robin Garr's, introductions to this book are a piece of great work in broadening the horizon to a really enjoyable world of wine.
The looks of the book show that Peter May's remarkable collection of unusual wine labels has been in the hands of very good people. And, I want to tell you what my wife said when I handed the book to her to see: "It feels like one wants to touch it!" - I believe that says everything on behalf of purchasing a copy of your own. It's great to see things in the web, but the same on real paper just gives you the best vibes.

The info Peter May gives about each label, and the wine behind it, is great reading. I truly believe that the world of wine lovers needs his kind of angles to make wine the fun it should be!

This book is an excellent gift to a wine lover with an open, dionysian mind!

In a way I consider this little book to be a classic already now.
- Hannu Lehmusvuori
Wine of the Week
http://www.nettivuori.com/weeklywine

P.S. Should you have had your hand on the same lovely book personally, I'm sure Peter would appreciate your opinion - privately or publicly.
Hannu 'Cellar Rat' Lehmusvuori
Wine of the Week http://www.nettivuori.com/weeklywine
"If your heart is warm with happiness, you'll need a glass -
if sorrow chills your heart, have two!"
-Hannu