The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2004 Razor's Edge Shiraz McLaren Vale Australia

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spencer

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Yuma, Arizona

WTN: 2004 Razor's Edge Shiraz McLaren Vale Australia

by Bill Spencer » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:31 pm

%^)

Where does the time go ? Been trying to post this one for days it seems ...

Stelvin closure; dark purple turning to dark ruby at the edges of the glass; gobs of vicious legs; nose of ripe plums and blackberries with a hint of spice; full bodied mouthfeel; ripe blackberries with a hint of very ripe plums on the front palate; black pepper, spice, and just a touch of anise on the mid palate; dark chocolate on the back palate; ripe dusty tannins; just enough acidity to create a good balance; moderately long finish; $10.99 at our local bottle shop.

GREAT grog for the price ! Especially for McLaren Vale juice ... Kathleen and I couldn't stop ourselves and drank the whole bottle ... going back for more ...

Paired with beef stroganoff ... wonderful match ... really cut through the richness of the stroganoff ...

Clink !

%^)
Last edited by Bill Spencer on Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went !" - Anonymous

Napa is for auto parts, Paso is for wine !

Bill Spencer (Arizona Wine Lover)

Lemon Recipes - http://www.associatedcitrus.com/recipes.html
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: 2004 Razor's Edge Shiraz McLaren Vale Australia

by Jenise » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:53 pm

Paired with beef stoganoff

With our without preserved llemons? :) Actually, knowing that you eat a fairly cardiac-observant diet, I'm surprised to see stroganoff on your home menu. Kathy must have a low-fat version?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Bill Spencer

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Yuma, Arizona

Yep

by Bill Spencer » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:55 pm

Jenise wrote:Kathy must have a low-fat version?

%^)

What we paired the wine with was the original pre-1994 recipe that is your fairly typical high saturated fat/high fat good ol' stroganoff ... you may remember that we have one day a week we designate as a "splurge" day as the original 1994 "life style change" we adopted allowed us to "bank" our sat-fat calories and, if we had any left over over a 7 day period, use them for whatever we wished ... that's usually Sunday and usually a red meat type of day ...

The original pre-1994 recipe was converted to low saturated fat/low fat and has stood the test of time for it's satisfaction when we can't have the real thing ...

Clink !

%^)
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went !" - Anonymous

Napa is for auto parts, Paso is for wine !

Bill Spencer (Arizona Wine Lover)

Lemon Recipes - http://www.associatedcitrus.com/recipes.html
no avatar
User

ClarkDGigHbr

Rank

Ultra geek

Sat May 06, 2006 7:16 pm

Gig Harbor, WA

Re: WTN: 2004 Razor's Edge Shiraz McLaren Vale Australia

by ClarkDGigHbr » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:44 am

I picked up a bunch of these last December when I saw them on sale ($9) at Esquin in Seattle. I gave all but one bottle away during the Holiday and folks just loved them. Yes, I saved that last one for myself, and really enjoyed it. I felt it was a terrific wine at that great sale price.

-- Clark