The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WT101 broadens scope as Wine Focus - Viognier for July

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

WT101 broadens scope as Wine Focus - Viognier for July

by Robin Garr » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:13 pm

I just wanted to remind everyone that we've made a slight evolution in the long-running Wine Tasting 101 feature, which this month moves from the Netscape WineLovers Community to our non-commercial WineLovers Discussion group and takes on a new title, "Wine Focus," to emphasize that the monthly grape variety or regional discussions are open to wine novices and more advanced enthusiasts alike. Meanwhile, the former "WT101" forum in the Netscape WineLovers Community also evolves a bit, with the new title "Wine of the Month" highlighting community tastings of a specific wine. More about that later this week.

If you've elected to avoid WT101 in the past because of its perceived newbie orientation, I hope you'll take another look ... there's already been a lot of activity since its "soft opening" over the weekend, and more's likely to follow. July is a great month to open a few Viogniers, and I hope you'll pop one or two and share your comments on them, as well as get involved in other related discussions remaing from spoofulation to aging curves to the linguistic debate over the obscure etymology of the grape name.

I'll post this as an announcement so it will be "sticky" for a while, and "lock" it so it won't develop an extended reply thread ... if you will, kindly post any replies or comments within the Wine Focus forum instead.