The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Sunday Chat today on the Netscape Forum

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Sunday Chat today on the Netscape Forum

by Robin Garr » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:30 pm

Remember that we're continuing to host all the WLP forums' Chat sessions on the Netscape/CompuServe WineLovers Community chat room, which is easy to get to and, I believe, doesn't even require one to log in. (Can someone confirm that from a regular user's standpoint?)

Given that the big news of the week is the NEW Forum, I'll be glad to discuss this topic and answer questions, along with all the usual wine- and non-wine-related frivolity.

It's all at the usual time and place: 4 p.m. US EST (hey, we "spring forward" next weekend!), 1 p.m. Pacific. Folks in Europe and Down Under who've had recent seasonal time changes will want to check and calculate from the London standard, 2100 GMT.

To access the Chat, go to the WineLovers Community and click "The Den" on the left-hand column under "Chat Center." Remember that you'll need Java enabled in your browser.
Last edited by Robin Garr on Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Sue Courtney

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:33 pm

Auckland, NZ

Re: Sunday Chat today on the Netscape Forum

by Sue Courtney » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:18 pm

Robin,
Any chance that you are going to open up a new chat room that is not linked to Netscape/Compuserve. :?: While the chat room is very fast once you get in there, I really do has an aversion to that whole community operation for reasons that have been discussed before. :cry:
Went to the forum without logging in, but when I clicked on Den I soon realised why it took so long to get there, it was logging me on automatically behind the scene, so haven't worked out if you can get in there without a user name, or whether it remembered me from last time.
Cheers,
Sue
no avatar
User

RG/Mobile

by RG/Mobile » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:46 pm

Sue, I honestly don't ... chat is a very server-intensive operation, and raises security issues for the host that make me prefer not to put one on our own server.

And not to be a cheapskate, but I was paying $100 a month for the old chat room and not getting it back through advertising or contributions (not that I would have asked). To me, that was one of several good financial reasons to make the move to Netscape.
no avatar
User

David R. Laws

Rank

Cellar rat

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:16 pm

Maryland, USA

by David R. Laws » Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:52 pm

rgarr wrote:Remember that we're continuing to host all the WLP forums' Chat sessions on the Netscape/CompuServe WineLovers Community chat room, which is easy to get to and, I believe, doesn't even require one to log in. (Can someone confirm that from a regular user's standpoint?)

Given that the big news of the week is the NEW Forum, I'll be glad to discuss this topic and answer questions, along with all the usual wine- and non-wine-related frivolity.

It's all at the usual time and place: 4 p.m. US EST (hey, we "spring forward" next weekend!), 1 p.m. Pacific. Folks in Europe and Down Under who've had recent seasonal time changes will want to check and calculate from the London standard, 2100 GMT.

To access the Chat, go to the WineLovers Community and click "The Den" on the left-hand column under "Chat Center." Remember that you'll need Java enabled in your browser.

Well, it does. And since I've deleted my account and forgotten my once pasword and account name, I am out.
----------------------------------
Wine Illiterati
DarkMatter is out there...