The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

What's the Next Big Thing in wine?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

Re: What's the Next Big Thing in wine?

by James Roscoe » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:09 pm

Maybe the next big thing will be hybrid wines from Ontario? :D (I miss Paul B. When will he be back from Poland?)
no avatar
User

jecastillo

Rank

Cellar rat

Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:58 pm

Baltimore, MD

by jecastillo » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:39 pm

Although I'm not sure what the next big thing will be in the U.S., I am positive of one thing- it will have a cool name that people will like to repeat over and over, such as "Pinot Grigio," "Yellow Tail," "Silver Oak," or "Opus One."

This knocks out two of the front runners: Riesling and Malbec.

I'm going to go with Rioja, Chianti Classico, or the first American wine producer that can come up with a Jazzy name, get high Spectator scores, and be featured in a popular television show/movie.

Jorge
no avatar
User

Covert

Rank

NOT David Caruso

Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:17 pm

Albany, New York

by Covert » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:43 pm

I didn’t want you to think I blew this fetching post off, I just have no clue. As a younger man I loved to prognosticate about everything. Then I read Bill Gates’ book, ‘The Road Ahead,’ in which he failed to forsee the impact of the Internet about a year before it exploded into everybody’s daily life. That miss had a huge impact on me. I appreciated that a random perturbation can change destiny exponentially. I replaced prognostication with bloviation.
Previous