The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

PA MONOPOLY

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Don P

Rank

Cellar rat

Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:28 pm

Re: PA MONOPOLY (and this is LONG!)

by Don P » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:50 am

Hey James:

Though I TOTALLY straying from the focus of the thread, I agree that Marino was a great QB and it's a low down dirty shame he never got a SB ring to underscore it. As for the drug rumors, anything he did PALES in comparison to what some of the modern thugs in the league are accused of. Remember Jamal Lewis a few years ago arranging drug deals...

Anyway - one final thing from me on this thread. For you PA folks close to Gettysburg or Hanover: Westminster has probably the best wine store I've found around my area of the state. Cranberry Liquors on 140 has almost 2/3 of the store dedicated to all kinds of crazy stuff from $500+ bottles of Rothschilds to my current favorite - Bennesere Sangiovese ($9 off yesterday @ $20/bottle!). Please come down here, boost our tax revenue, and escape back to PA with some good wine...

BTW, arguing about Pitt and Penn State will get us nowhere. Let's all agree to simply despise together the college football "Triumverate of Evil", as I call it - Notre Dame, THE Ohio State, and University of Miami.

DP
Donald Poorman
Resident Cynic and Wine Enthusiast

"I found a bottle of wine in your basement when I was cleaning that said 'Rothschild' and threw it away - nothing from 1957 could still be good." - My Mother-in-Law
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:25 pm

Sorry Don, I have a deep unabididing hatred for anything having to do with Penn State football. They rank somewhere with the Dallas Cowgirls on my football scale. :twisted: Go 'Skins!
no avatar
User

Don P

Rank

Cellar rat

Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:28 pm

by Don P » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:22 pm

Well at least you didn't say Go Ravens. With my wife being from the outskirts of Pittsburgh, I signed a prenup that makes me root for the Steelers for life :-).

DP
Donald Poorman
Resident Cynic and Wine Enthusiast

"I found a bottle of wine in your basement when I was cleaning that said 'Rothschild' and threw it away - nothing from 1957 could still be good." - My Mother-in-Law
Previous