The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Does anyone know what happened to Doghead

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

wrcstl

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:20 pm

St. Louis

Does anyone know what happened to Doghead

by wrcstl » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:28 pm

I never post on WT but occasionally check for interesting TNs as they are my reality check for NYC Loire whites. Have not seen or heard anything from Robert Callahan? Thought he had some medical problems in the past but has he dissapeared?
Walt
no avatar
User

Hoke

Rank

Achieving Wine Immortality

Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:07 am

Portland, OR

Re: Does anyone know what happened to Doghead

by Hoke » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:41 pm

Walt: Excuse me, but it seems a little curious that you would ask here what is happening to someone on another site. Wouldn't it make more sense to ask on the other site, where the person is question resides and is a known member of the community?
no avatar
User

wrcstl

Rank

Wine guru

St. Louis

by wrcstl » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:46 pm

Hoke wrote:Walt: Excuse me, but it seems a little curious that you would ask here what is happening to someone on another site. Wouldn't it make more sense to ask on the other site, where the person is question resides and is a known member of the community?

Hoke,
Didn't mean to upset anyone but I am not registerd on WT and only peak at TNs occasionally. I was just curious and thought someone here who cross posts might. know.
Walt
no avatar
User

Hoke

Rank

Achieving Wine Immortality

Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:07 am

Portland, OR

by Hoke » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:52 pm

Oh, I'm not upset, Walt. Not at all.

I really meant I thought it was curious, thassall.

Seemed appropriate to go to the place he founded, where there are people who know him, to get the info.

Doesn't take any effort to "register", really.

My understanding is that Robert C. continues to battle with serious illness (es) and that he has very little ability to participate in his wine board (or perhaps has very little interest in engagement because of how lousy he feels).

But he is still around. As in still here. Or there. Hasn't shuffled off the mortal coil.
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:26 pm

I was curious as well, and appreciate the info.

The reason for asking here rather than there is that on WT you will not get anything remotely close to an answer. You might get some sort of offhanded reference to drinking Muscadet while admiring yak trains in the Himlayas, but nothing on Robert.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

wrcstl

Rank

Wine guru

St. Louis

by wrcstl » Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:20 pm

David M. Bueker wrote:The reason for asking here rather than there is that on WT you will not get anything remotely close to an answer. You might get some sort of offhanded reference to drinking Muscadet while admiring yak trains in the Himlayas, but nothing on Robert.

David,
That is why I am not registered or post on WT. Good people but hard to get straight answers. I was interested because I respect Callhan's palate and WT is the place to get info on Loire whites plus a lot of other off-beat wines.
Walt