The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Screwcaps give faultless performance

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: Screwcaps give faultless performance

by David M. Bueker » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:11 pm

Hoke wrote:On the other hand, that gives us the picture of Bueker hunched over a bottle with a very large needle.........

I just need a dime bag of Musigny...
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Thomas

Rank

Senior Flamethrower

Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:23 pm

by Thomas » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:30 pm

David M. Bueker wrote:
Hoke wrote:On the other hand, that gives us the picture of Bueker hunched over a bottle with a very large needle.........

I just need a dime bag of Musigny...

My word! Prices have gone up. I remember when it just took a nickel bag.
Thomas P
no avatar
User

Sam Platt

Rank

I am Sam, Sam I am

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:22 pm

Indiana, USA

by Sam Platt » Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:31 pm

Glenn Mackles wrote:I think the reason is that when I disagree with others I try very hard express my disagreement in a tone that states that while I would like to discuss the issue further and expresses my views it DOES NOT state or imply that "I'm right and you're wrong."

Glenn, Well stated. Reasonable people will have differing opinions. When those opinions are stated in a condescending and melodramatic manner sparks fly. That's what happened here. I do believe there are some folks who are just looking for a fight. Those people should not participate in on-line discussion groups. If someone making reference to your state as "Cali" instead "California" truly makes you angry you really need communicate through a different medium. Life's too short to walk around with a chip on your shoulder.

Now, regarding your inexplicable attachment to some bogus "cork ritual"... :wink:
Sam

"The biggest problem most people have is that they think they shouldn't have any." - Tony Robbins
no avatar
User

DebA

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:11 am

N. of the equator

by DebA » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:45 pm

Glenn Mackles wrote:I know I'm new here and probably should not comment but I have been around bulletins boards for a long time. To me, disagreement really isn't so much the issue as the tone of the disagreement. In this thread I stated that I really have come to like the cork ritual and would miss corks. In the tobacco in France thread I stated views that quite a few folks disagreed with. But unless I missed something in neither case was there any problem whatsoever. I think the reason is that when I disagree with others I try very hard express my disagreement in a tone that states that while I would like to discuss the issue further and expresses my views it DOES NOT state or imply that "I'm right and you're wrong." I have been here long enough to witness 2 of these blowups with this poster and I believe that everything could have been fine if only a little more care had been taken to control the tone and show real respect for the opinions of others. Glenn

Spoken like the wise soothsayer that you obviously are, Glenn! ;) Seriously, I couldn't agree more with your insightful perspective. What we extend to others is reflected back to us more often than not. As none of us are perfect or correct all the time, it seems to me that we should strive to err on the side of humility and grace as often as we possibly can. :cool:
Previous