The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Humbly Submitted - A Debut TN

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

Re: Humbly Submitted - A Debut TN

by James Roscoe » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:59 pm

Dave Moritz wrote:Deborah:
This thread has been a lot of fun, so I'd better get in my two-cents worth while it's still lively. IMHO, your enunciation of the word "fortification" earlier in this thread was spot on vis-s-vis the male mind! I couldn't supress my laughter (not that I'd want to)! It revealed a depth of insight on your part, insight the likes of which I hope is not shared by too many other women in this world. (We men do like to remain somewhat of a mystery, you know!) However, I've a sneaking suspicion that I'm harboring false hopes on this one!
Great tasting note! Thanks.
Dave Mo

Dave is their really any mystery about the average male mind? It generally goes something like this -food, sex, food, sex, food, alcohol, food, sex, food, sex, food, alcohol, food, sex, food, sex, food, sleep, repeat cycle.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Anders Källberg

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:48 am

Stockholm, Sweden

Pinot Noir next?

by Anders Källberg » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:33 am

Oh my Deborah, what a kick-start! I just can't wait to read a tasting note from you about a Pinot Noir wine - a grape that has a character that I often describe as "seductive"...! I get goose bumps from imagining the TN you would be able to write about it!

Keep 'em coming, and see you in chat again one Sunday
Anders
Last edited by Anders Källberg on Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

DebA

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:11 am

N. of the equator

Re: Pinot Noir next?

by DebA » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:39 am

Anders Källberg wrote:Oh my Deborah, what a kick-start! I just can't wait to read a tasting note from you about a Pinot Noir wine - a grape that has a character that I often describe as "seductive"...! I get goose bumps from imagining the TN you would be able to write about it!

Keep 'em coming, and see you in chat again one sunday
Anders

Hi Anders! Thank you for your kind critique and I look forward to Sunday's Chat as well. I must confess that at this juncture, I'm a little hesitant to come near my keyboard with a glass of wine ever again...lol! I have settled one issue in my mind through this experience though. I am convinced that it is a "good thing" to express my TN's through my emotions rather than my analytical side because of the way I approach wine in general. I recently mentioned to Otto that I don't envision myself ever embracing the Parker style of wine analysis; it's just not who I am. Now...where is that Cloudy Bay Pinot Noir 2004?
;)
no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

Re: Apostoles rocks!

by Saina » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:49 pm

Inspired by your lovely note I wen't out and bought a couple half-bottles more! :) It's got a touch of dark chocolatey sweetness on the nose, but otherwise seems true and typical Palo Cortado to me. The palate is also maybe a touch sweeter than most other PCs I've had but lovely and still unmistakeably PC. Very yummy. It must be about ½ year since I've had this last and I'm wondering why I've gone so long without. A half bottle of this VORS 30 YO is only 18,33€ in our pathetic monopoly, so I should be drinking this much more often. Thanks Deborah for inspiring me to drink this yet again! :)
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
no avatar
User

DebA

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:11 am

N. of the equator

Re: Apostoles rocks!

by DebA » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:04 pm

Otto Nieminen wrote:Inspired by your lovely note I wen't out and bought a couple half-bottles more! :) It's got a touch of dark chocolatey sweetness on the nose, but otherwise seems true and typical Palo Cortado to me. The palate is also maybe a touch sweeter than most other PCs I've had but lovely and still unmistakeably PC. Very yummy. It must be about ½ year since I've had this last and I'm wondering why I've gone so long without. A half bottle of this VORS 30 YO is only 18,33€ in our pathetic monopoly, so I should be drinking this much more often. Thanks Deborah for inspiring me to drink this yet again! :)

Dear Otto, it pleases me to think of you rekindling your appreciation of this lovely wine again after so long, and you are very sweet to credit me with any inspiration. Truth be told though, the refined elegance of G-B's Palo Cortado creates its own magic. It was, in fact, the combination of your suggestion and my first taste of this sherry that transformed me into an Apostoles muse, and I will never forget it! ;)
Previous