The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:52 pm

Connecticut

Re: March Wine Focus - Farther on up the Rhone!

by David M. Bueker » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:12 am

Jon Hesford wrote:I've just received a bit of publicity for a wine citing Jeb Dunnuck’s The Rhone Report. I followed the link and found out it's subscription only. The only info I could really get was a bio on the author who seems to be a wine enthusiast with only a few years part-time experience in the wine trade.

So my questions are:

1) Does anyone here subscribe to Jeb's report and is it reliable?

2) Is it common for people to set up subscription sites with relatively little experience?

Jon,

While I am not a subscriber, I have been reading Jeb's notes and commentaries for many years elswhere on the web. He knows what he is talking about. His palate preferences are a little different than mine, but he's not some newbie trying to make a quick buck.
Talk less, smile more. Don't let them know what you're against or what you're for.
User

Mark Lipton

Rank

Oenochemist

Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:18 pm

Indiana

Re: March Wine Focus - Farther on up the Rhone!

by Mark Lipton » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:33 pm

David M. Bueker wrote:
Jon Hesford wrote:I've just received a bit of publicity for a wine citing Jeb Dunnuck’s The Rhone Report. I followed the link and found out it's subscription only. The only info I could really get was a bio on the author who seems to be a wine enthusiast with only a few years part-time experience in the wine trade.

So my questions are:

1) Does anyone here subscribe to Jeb's report and is it reliable?

2) Is it common for people to set up subscription sites with relatively little experience?

Jon,

While I am not a subscriber, I have been reading Jeb's notes and commentaries for many years elswhere on the web. He knows what he is talking about. His palate preferences are a little different than mine, but he's not some newbie trying to make a quick buck.

That being said, though, for my money I'd be far more likely to subscribe to John Livingstone-Learmonth's DrinkRhone site than Jeb Dunnick's but that's just my preference. As it is, I subscribe to neither and just buy JLL's books :D

Mark Lipton
Previous