The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

TN: Domaine Cauhape Jurancon Ballet D'Octobre 2004

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Hooper

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:46 am

McMinnville, OR

TN: Domaine Cauhape Jurancon Ballet D'Octobre 2004

by Bill Hooper » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:08 pm

100% Gros Manseng -Dried Pineapple, lemon and orange marmelade fruit. Very spicy with wild flowers, bees wax and a slight mintiness. There's a fair amount of acid which lightens the load of an already featherweight wine (in the dessert wine arena anyway). It is in no way cloying or sticky which is part of its appeal. This is the first selection of the Cauhape vineyards after the Jurancon Sec. Notes on the Novembre, Decembre and Janvier harvests to come. I don't think I'd be too bold to suggest that Cauhape is amoung the finest producers in the Sud-Ouest and this is another nice offering for their entry-level dessert wine. 13,5% -$16 for a 375ml

Prost!
Bill
no avatar
User

Rahsaan

Rank

Wild and Crazy Guy

Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:20 pm

New York, NY

Re: TN: Domaine Cauhape Jurancon Ballet D'Octobre 2004

by Rahsaan » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:16 pm

I don't think I'd be too bold to suggest that Cauhape is amoung the finest producers in the Sud-Ouest

Yes, although unfortunately the list of contenders is not as long as it should/could/we might wish it would be..
no avatar
User

Bill Buitenhuys

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:47 pm

Phoenix metro

Re: TN: Domaine Cauhape Jurancon Ballet D'Octobre 2004

by Bill Buitenhuys » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:53 am

Thor once poured the 2001 Symphonie de Novembre for us and it was quite lovely. I didn't realize there were Oct thru Jan releases. Looking forward to your notes on the rest of the series.