The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Miguel Torres Grans Muralles 2000

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jay Labrador

Rank

J-Lab's in da house!

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:34 am

Manila, Philippines

WTN: Miguel Torres Grans Muralles 2000

by Jay Labrador » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:30 am

From Catalunya, Spain. Monastrell and Garnacha together with the rather uncommon grapes Garro and Samso. Had half the bottle at lunch but it was a bit tight. Took home the rest and had it for dinner as it had opened up by then. Very dark. Spicy, meaty, peppery, leather nose. Pretty ripe. Blackberries and black currants, roast meat and leather also on the palate. Medium bodied. The acid tends to stick out a bit. Good length. Still has a bit of tannin but I would drink it sooner rather than later. Probably very close to peak, if not there already. Very good. Third time to try this wine. The last time was two years ago. This is the best bottle I've had so far although the cork was very difficult to remove. Dry and slightly crumbly on top then it broke about 3/4 of the way down as it was stuck at the bottom real tight. Eventually managed to extract the rest of the cork without getting any bits in the bottle.
Three be the things I shall never attain:
Envy, content, and sufficient champagne.