Opinions on Valpolicella producer Monte Faustino?

The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Moderators: Jenise, David M. Bueker, Robin Garr

Opinions on Valpolicella producer Monte Faustino?

Postby Jenise » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:04 pm

I'm looking at his 99 Amarone, and this isn't a name I've seen before.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Jenise
FLDG Dishwasher

Re: Opinions on Valpolicella producer Monte Faustino?

Postby Paulo in Philly » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:33 am

Jenise wrote:I'm looking at his 99 Amarone, and this isn't a name I've seen before.

Perhaps my long lost cousin????? Although my last name ends with an "i". Did you have this? is it good? I have not had many wines from that region that I have enjoyed recently - most have been too jammy. Oh, I lied, I did enjoy the Allegrini Palazzo della Torre 1999. :lol:
Paulo in Philly
Wine guru

Postby Bob Parsons Alberta » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:48 am

Paulo, hows it going?!! Just managed to squirrel away a couple of bottles of the Serego Alighieri `00 Valpolicella which celebrates 650 years of winemaking. Big wine here.
Bob Parsons Alberta
aka Doris

Postby Paulo in Philly » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:53 am

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Paulo, hows it going?!! Just managed to squirrel away a couple of bottles of the Serego Alighieri `00 Valpolicella which celebrates 650 years of winemaking. Big wine here.

Hey, Bob! Things are fine though very busy - 2 more performances of a very successful production of Rossini's Cenerentola this week and then I can breathe a bit. I did buy my ticket to Italy for mid january yesterday!

Do you enjoy Alighieri? Hope things are well with you!
Paulo in Philly
Wine guru

Postby Brian K Miller » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:06 pm

Paulo in Philly wrote: Oh, I lied, I did enjoy the Allegrini Palazzo della Torre 1999. :lol:

Ah! A friend brought a bottle of this to a Chianti party-it was quite nice! I liked it much better than their La Grolla wine. (although I was past my limit at that point so only had a few sips)
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach
Brian K Miller
Passionate Arboisphile

Postby Mark Lipton » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:25 pm

Brian K Miller wrote:
Paulo in Philly wrote: Oh, I lied, I did enjoy the Allegrini Palazzo della Torre 1999. :lol:

Ah! A friend brought a bottle of this to a Chianti party-it was quite nice! I liked it much better than their La Grolla wine. (although I was past my limit at that point so only had a few sips)

Yes, I also find the Palazzo della Torre a much more enjoyable wine than the La Grola. I posted a note-very-enthuiastic note on the '99 La Grola in the Open Mike thread a while back, but still have a few '99 Palazzo della Torres awaiting consumption.

Mark Lipton
Mark Lipton
Oenochemist

Return to The Wine Forum