The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Opinions on Valpolicella producer Monte Faustino?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Opinions on Valpolicella producer Monte Faustino?

by Jenise » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:04 pm

I'm looking at his 99 Amarone, and this isn't a name I've seen before.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Paulo in Philly

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:26 pm

Philadelphia, PA

Re: Opinions on Valpolicella producer Monte Faustino?

by Paulo in Philly » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:33 am

Jenise wrote:I'm looking at his 99 Amarone, and this isn't a name I've seen before.

Perhaps my long lost cousin????? Although my last name ends with an "i". Did you have this? is it good? I have not had many wines from that region that I have enjoyed recently - most have been too jammy. Oh, I lied, I did enjoy the Allegrini Palazzo della Torre 1999. :lol:
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:48 am

Paulo, hows it going?!! Just managed to squirrel away a couple of bottles of the Serego Alighieri `00 Valpolicella which celebrates 650 years of winemaking. Big wine here.
no avatar
User

Paulo in Philly

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:26 pm

Philadelphia, PA

by Paulo in Philly » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:53 am

Bob Parsons Alberta. wrote:Paulo, hows it going?!! Just managed to squirrel away a couple of bottles of the Serego Alighieri `00 Valpolicella which celebrates 650 years of winemaking. Big wine here.

Hey, Bob! Things are fine though very busy - 2 more performances of a very successful production of Rossini's Cenerentola this week and then I can breathe a bit. I did buy my ticket to Italy for mid january yesterday!

Do you enjoy Alighieri? Hope things are well with you!
no avatar
User

Brian K Miller

Rank

Passionate Arboisphile

Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:05 am

Northern California

by Brian K Miller » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:06 pm

Paulo in Philly wrote: Oh, I lied, I did enjoy the Allegrini Palazzo della Torre 1999. :lol:

Ah! A friend brought a bottle of this to a Chianti party-it was quite nice! I liked it much better than their La Grolla wine. (although I was past my limit at that point so only had a few sips)
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach
no avatar
User

Mark Lipton

Rank

Oenochemist

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:18 pm

Indiana

by Mark Lipton » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:25 pm

Brian K Miller wrote:
Paulo in Philly wrote: Oh, I lied, I did enjoy the Allegrini Palazzo della Torre 1999. :lol:

Ah! A friend brought a bottle of this to a Chianti party-it was quite nice! I liked it much better than their La Grolla wine. (although I was past my limit at that point so only had a few sips)

Yes, I also find the Palazzo della Torre a much more enjoyable wine than the La Grola. I posted a note-very-enthuiastic note on the '99 La Grola in the Open Mike thread a while back, but still have a few '99 Palazzo della Torres awaiting consumption.

Mark Lipton