The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 2001 Midnight Cellars "Nebula" Cabernet Sauvig

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spencer

Rank

Ultra geek

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 pm

Yuma, Arizona

WTN: 2001 Midnight Cellars "Nebula" Cabernet Sauvig

by Bill Spencer » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:17 pm

%^)

Dark purple in the glass ... gobs of syrupy legs ... nose of black cherry and a hint of damp earth ... black cherries on the front palate ... more black fruit on the mid palate (black currants ?) ... dark chocolate and a bit of oak on the back palate ... fair acidity and not too soft tannins made for good balance ... nice lingering finish ... $8.25 on closeout at the winery ... fun to drink ...

Ninety-four percent cabernet sauvignon, 2 percent cabernet franc, 2 percent malbec, and 2 percent petite verdot ... bottled unfiltered and unfined ...

A good match with chicken and portabelo mushroom pasta ...

A great QPR at the closeout price but at the regualr $18 pricing I'd seen in previous visits, while a pretty decent Paso cab, a bit high priced compared to some others at the same price point from the same area ... hadn't bought a bottle before but at the closeout price couldn't resist picking up a case ... not disappointed ...

Clink !

%^)
"If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went !" - Anonymous

Napa is for auto parts, Paso is for wine !

Bill Spencer (Arizona Wine Lover)

Lemon Recipes - http://www.associatedcitrus.com/recipes.html