The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Brun Morgon 2011

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

WTN: Brun Morgon 2011

by Saina » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:30 pm

Full disclosure: I didn't pay for the bottle (and I don't think it's released yet), but JP Brun happened to be visiting Finland while I was off in Turkey visiting archaeological sites and he kindly left a bottle for me to try.

Domaine Terres Dorées Morgon 2011
12% abv. Tight and reductive on day one, so I only had half a glass and left the rest for the next evening. And goodness how gorgeous it was then! Typical Brun in being well structured and very pure; atypical Brun in having flesh around the bones and actual sweetness of fruit. But it is Brun, so don't expect a soft, fruity, candied mess: this is a refreshing and moreish wine. But I suspect that those who usually find Brun too thin and astringent will also enjoy this. And it's not so ripe/hot year style that those of us who usually like Brun will find it too much. It's not as ethereal and pretty as his 2008s were but it is a wonderful Morgon. I can't wait to try his Côte du Py!
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
no avatar
User

Brian K Miller

Rank

Passionate Arboisphile

Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:05 am

Northern California

Re: WTN: Brun Morgon 2011

by Brian K Miller » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:50 pm

Great tasting note, Otto! I've had a couple of Brun's myself. Will look for this.
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach
no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

Re: WTN: Brun Morgon 2011

by Saina » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:38 pm

Brun is rapidly becoming one of my favourite producers alongside Musar and Texier. And they seem to age brilliantly at least in the short term: the 2008s I tried this winter were still not ready.
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.