The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 1996 Sociando Mallet

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Howie Hart

Rank

The Hart of Buffalo

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:13 pm

Niagara Falls, NY

Re: WTN: 1996 Sociando Mallet

by Howie Hart » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:03 am

I haven't thought that far ahead yet. :wink:
Chico - Hey! This Bottle is empty!
Groucho - That's because it's dry Champagne.
no avatar
User

Lou Kessler

Rank

Doesn't buy green bananas

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:20 pm

by Lou Kessler » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:29 pm

Yes, one does know how late it is when you start consulting actuary tables and not vintage charts. I've come to the conclusion that I will leave a substantial amount of wine to my heirs rather than not having the proper bottle to drink with dinner on any of the days I have left.
no avatar
User

Jon Leifer

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:34 pm

by Jon Leifer » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:05 pm

Tim: stopped buying Mondavi Reserve and Dominus with the 94 vintage, still have a few bottles of the Mondavi 91,92 left and a handful of the Dominus left, also some Montelena 97, Newton 90,91 and 92 and Caymus 92 lying around.the rest of my Cal cabs are younger, ie, vintage 2005 or younger
Jon
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:30 pm

Lou, sounds like a plan!

Never gave it any thought before, but Bob and I have no heirs for our wine in the event we both checked out in a car accident or something. Must give that some thought.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:23 am

Jenise wrote:
Never gave it any thought before, but Bob and I have no heirs for our wine in the event we both checked out in a car accident or something. Must give that some thought.

Laura and I are in the same boat. It's designated to be sold off with the proceeds going to care for homeless people & homeless cats/dogs.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:10 am

David M. Bueker wrote: homeless cats/dogs.

Bravo!

But someone would still have to be in charge of selling it off, and there's really no outlet for that in my area. It would be easier to just give it to a struggling young couple that's in one of my tasting groups who will never be able to afford even 25% of what I have in their lifetime.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
Previous