The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Thoughts from a BYO Business Dinner

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

WTN: Thoughts from a BYO Business Dinner

by David M. Bueker » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:25 pm

Had a business dinner that I engineered to a local BYO to do some inventory reduction combined with team building.

2010 Lapierre Morgon
I have a separate note about this alreadt on the forum, but it was just so fresh and bright that it's worth mentioning again. Drink now if you are not averse to wines that will make you smile!

2008 A. J. Adam Hofberg Riesling Kabinett
My last bottle of this had been rather reductive and sullen. This was fresh, citrus fruity and had a lovely balance to its sweetness and acidity that resulted in a dry and mouthwatering finish. Still very young.

2011 Cowan Cellars Mourvedre Rose
Sadly corked.

2012 Arnot-Roberts Touriga Nacional Rose Luchsinger Vineyard
Springtime in a bottle. Strawberry fruit and fresh herbs. Crisp and light, yet with mouthfilling flavors. Just delicious. Next year I am not sharing my case!

2009 Wind Gap Wines Chardonnay James Berry
Crisp (though not as crisp as the Arnot-Roberts) and just veering into the citrus/tropical realm. Medium bodied and very easy to drink.

2008 St. Innocent Pinot Noir Temperance Hill
Fresh red fruits and better balance to my palate than other recent vintages of this wine. Didin't have much of this, but it was a hit with my co-workers.

2010 Pierre Gonon St. Joseph
Amazing wine. Meat, pepper, flowers, red fruit, black fruit and a lovely mineral underpinning. Just a wow wine.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

Re: WTN: Thoughts from a BYO Business Dinner

by Dale Williams » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:27 pm

Nice notes, lucky team members
I just had the Arnot-Roberts, fun juice!
no avatar
User

Diane (Long Island)

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:47 pm

by Diane (Long Island) » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:36 pm

David, you are correct that the 2010 Gonon is an amazing wine. But if you had the array of Gonon that we had last night, the '10 would have gotten lost among the glorious 2007 basic St. Joseph and VV, as well as the stunning 1990. I contributed the 2010, which means my cellar now contains a measly 1 bottle.
Diane
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:47 pm

I opened the 2010 Gonon because of the Gonon dinner. I can at least look forward to my few bottles of the VV.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:45 am

A local friend just discovered Gonon and has, best I understand it, now taken every available bottle on the left coast into captivity. I may never get to taste this wine.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Diane (Long Island)

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:47 pm

by Diane (Long Island) » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:49 am

Jenise wrote:A local friend just discovered Gonon and has, best I understand it, now taken every available bottle on the left coast into captivity. I may never get to taste this wine.

If your friend has the wine, then there should be a very good opportunity for you to try some.
Diane
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:15 pm

Diane (Long Island) wrote:
Jenise wrote:A local friend just discovered Gonon and has, best I understand it, now taken every available bottle on the left coast into captivity. I may never get to taste this wine.

If your friend has the wine, then there should be a very good opportunity for you to try some.

Believe me, I won't let up until he does. :wink:
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov