The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Sunday Chat

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

Sunday Chat

by James Roscoe » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:05 am

Your favorite Prince is headed home from Flagstaff, AZ. For those of you able to get in the chat times follow. We really need someone to follow up on Robin's suggestions below. If we cannot get someone to volunteer to look into this then perhaps it is time to end this particular feature of the WLDG. In any event, I am asking someone to PLEASE do what Robin suggested TWO WEEKS AGO!!! Here are the times when the fun gets started: at 4 p.m. Eastern Time; 3 p.m. Central Time; 2 p.m. Mountain Time; 1 p.m. Pacific Time; 9 p.m. in the UK; 10 p.m. in Italy, France, Germany, and Sweden; 11 p.m. in Finland and Israel; 6 a.m. Monday in Sydney and environs; and 8 a.m. Monday in New Zealand. I believe these are all corrected for standard time changes. If I am off, let me know. Please let me know when the time changes in your neck of the woods so I remember to make the appropriate changes.

Robins proposal:
Hey, boys and girls! :mrgreen:

James referred me to this thread, and basically, as I told him, it seems that our current chat solution has gotten buggy and probably behind the times. Lots of people having problems with it.

There's no need to take up a collection ... I'm happy to pay for the chat room rent from the proceeds of forum adverts (including the dreaded Meebo), but I'm going to invite you folks to form a task force and get on Google in search of an affordable chat solution that's in the same price range of $10/mo or less. You find one that suits you all, I'll get it installed and paid for. I do think it's probably time to jump ship from Parachat, though.

The fun starts HERE!!!!!!!!!
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Neil Courtney

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:39 pm

Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Sunday Chat

by Neil Courtney » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:54 pm

James Roscoe wrote:Your favorite Prince is headed home from Flagstaff, AZ. For those of you able to get in the chat times follow. We really need someone to follow up on Robin's suggestions below. If we cannot get someone to volunteer to look into this then perhaps it is time to end this particular feature of the WLDG. In any event, I am asking someone to PLEASE do what Robin suggested TWO WEEKS AGO!!! Here are the times when the fun gets started: at 4 p.m. Eastern Time; 3 p.m. Central Time; 2 p.m. Mountain Time; 1 p.m. Pacific Time; 9 p.m. in the UK; 10 p.m. in Italy, France, Germany, and Sweden; 11 p.m. in Finland and Israel; 6 a.m. Monday in Sydney and environs; and 8 a.m. Monday in New Zealand. I believe these are all corrected for standard time changes. If I am off, let me know. Please let me know when the time changes in your neck of the woods so I remember to make the appropriate changes.

Robins proposal:
Hey, boys and girls! :mrgreen:

James referred me to this thread, and basically, as I told him, it seems that our current chat solution has gotten buggy and probably behind the times. Lots of people having problems with it.

There's no need to take up a collection ... I'm happy to pay for the chat room rent from the proceeds of forum adverts (including the dreaded Meebo), but I'm going to invite you folks to form a task force and get on Google in search of an affordable chat solution that's in the same price range of $10/mo or less. You find one that suits you all, I'll get it installed and paid for. I do think it's probably time to jump ship from Parachat, though.

The fun starts HERE!!!!!!!!!

Did you not read my question? I asked if anyone had any experience with Google+ Hangouts. Seems to have both video and text chat options but I have never used it. It is free for all to use, if it actually works.
Cheers,
Neil Courtney

'Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it.' --- Anonymous.
no avatar
User

Neil Courtney

Rank

Wine guru

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:39 pm

Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Sunday Chat

by Neil Courtney » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:00 am

Neil Courtney wrote:Did you not read my question? I asked if anyone had any experience with Google+ Hangouts. Seems to have both video and text chat options but I have never used it. It is free for all to use, if it actually works.

Anyone? Hello!
Cheers,
Neil Courtney

'Wine improves with age. The older I get, the better I like it.' --- Anonymous.