The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Osel Ruche '09...(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: Osel Ruche '09...(short/boring)

by TomHill » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:55 am

Tried this last night at dinner:
1. Osel DOC: Ruche di Castagnole Monferrato (100% Ruche; 13.5%; www.SiemaWines.com) 2009: Med.light color w/ slight bricking; beautiful/lovely very strawberry/floral/roses/cherries slight earthy/pungent/tarry very perfumed/aromatic nose; soft/light very perfumed/strawberries/cherries/violets/roses/floral slight tarry/earthy flavor w/ light/slighty bitey tannins; very long light/soft/gentle perfumed/alpine strawberries/cherries/floral/roses/spicy light tarry/earthy finish w/ light/lean tannins; a beautifully fragrant delicate/elegant/lithe/graceful red w/ classic Ruche perfume; a steal at $16.00 (CR/KC)
1. Ruche: This is a variety thought to be indigenous to the hills of Asti in Monferrato. It has no known relatives or relation to other grapes. I was first exposed to Ruche/Rouchet when Darrell insisted I try one he'd just brought in from the Piemontese producer, Scarpa. I was immediately captivated by the beautiful perfume of that grape. Her is a variety they should be planting all up & down the coast in Calif.
Tom