The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WISHFUL THINKING

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Kyrstyn Kralovec

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:50 pm

Washington DC, Oregon bound

WISHFUL THINKING

by Kyrstyn Kralovec » Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:58 pm

If you could put together a wine tour of any region in the world, where would it be? For those who have the time and want to take it one step further, feel free to detail the estates you'd like to visit, any restaurants in which you'd like to eat, or even accommodations you'd prefer.

I'm just daydreaming today, and would be curious to know what your ideal wine tour would look like!

You could always detail one you've already completed that was wonderful, too...
no avatar
User

Saina

Rank

Musaroholic

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:07 pm

Helsinki, Finland

Re: WISHFUL THINKING

by Saina » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:51 pm

K Story wrote:If you could put together a wine tour of any region in the world, where would it be? For those who have the time and want to take it one step further, feel free to detail the estates you'd like to visit, any restaurants in which you'd like to eat, or even accommodations you'd prefer.

I'm just daydreaming today, and would be curious to know what your ideal wine tour would look like!

You could always detail one you've already completed that was wonderful, too...

Dream: to cycle through the Loire and visits all the producers one hears about from the Loireheads on this board and Therapy and visit all the major castles also and sleep in the castles.

I'm trying to make this dream come true next summer. :)
I don't drink wine because of religious reasons ... only for other reasons.
no avatar
User

Kyrstyn Kralovec

Rank

Wine guru

by Kyrstyn Kralovec » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:24 pm

Beautiful, Otto. Here's to a wonderful trip.

I think I'd like to do a walking tour of Piedmont, especially during late fall for truffle season. I found a tour company, La Dolce Vita, that offers a packaged tour, but it's rather pricey. I could probably do it myself for a lot less, but my main reason for wanting to go is educational, and a tour operator specializing in educational wine tours would provide that.
no avatar
User

Ian Sutton

Rank

Spanna in the works

Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:10 pm

Norwich, UK

by Ian Sutton » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:54 pm

K Story wrote:Beautiful, Otto. Here's to a wonderful trip.

I think I'd like to do a walking tour of Piedmont, especially during late fall for truffle season. I found a tour company, La Dolce Vita, that offers a packaged tour, but it's rather pricey. I could probably do it myself for a lot less, but my main reason for wanting to go is educational, and a tour operator specializing in educational wine tours would provide that.

I do wonder whether an organised wine tour could match the level of knowledge of forumites?

It's not that difficult to arrange, but bear in mind the truffle fair does bring in the crowds and driving around Alba becomes difficult. Still very enjoyable (and tasty!) though.

This is a link to the Alba tourist agency, with plenty of contact details. Easy to hire bicycles if that appeals to you.
http://www.langheroero.it/default.asp?language=UK

Hope this whets your appetite!

regards

Ian
no avatar
User

Kyrstyn Kralovec

Rank

Wine guru

by Kyrstyn Kralovec » Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:16 pm

Thanks for the link, Ian! Oh boy...I can see that my afternoon here at work will be completely non-productive now (from my employers viewpoint, I mean) :lol:
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:49 pm

I suppose I'd like to go to Tuscany or the Rhone, but touring the Loire with Otto would be pretty cool.
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:56 pm

James Roscoe wrote:I suppose I'd like to go to Tuscany or the Rhone, but touring the Loire with Otto would be pretty cool.

Face it: you just want to sleep in a castle with him. We've got your number.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:03 pm

Jenise wrote:
James Roscoe wrote:I suppose I'd like to go to Tuscany or the Rhone, but touring the Loire with Otto would be pretty cool.

Face it: you just want to sleep in a castle with him. We've got your number.

Now Jenise, let's face it. Going anywhere historical with Otto would be the way to go and if there were a winery or ten along the way, then all the better. I will ignore your less than tasteful insinuations. :P
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.