The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Jancis Robinson on Charlie Rose (paired with Madeleine Albright).

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

Jancis Robinson on Charlie Rose (paired with Madeleine Albright).

by Bob Ross » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:29 pm

The segment was quite interesting -- a little chaotic -- but Jancis did a great job. Rose tried to poke up a bit of Parker/Robinson angst -- he said he was a friend of Parker's. Jancis handled it very well.

The segment is available free on Rose's website at http://www.charlierose.com/ at least for a few days, and I believe all of his segments are available fre on Google Video through his website.

Regards, Bob
no avatar
User

Paulo in Philly

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:26 pm

Philadelphia, PA

Re: Jancis Robinson on Charlie Rose (paired with Madeleine Albright).

by Paulo in Philly » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:22 pm

Thanks for posting this, Bob, as I missed it the other night. I just love her - she is so real, down to earth and gracious, and, of course, smart as a whip. Rose, on the other hand, irritates me as he briskly interrupts her often.
Last edited by Paulo in Philly on Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Bob Ross

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:39 pm

Franklin Lakes, NJ

Re: Jancis Robinson on Charlie Rose (paired with Madeleine Albright).

by Bob Ross » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:43 pm

Your criticism is right on in my book, Paulo. Robinson is a wonderful presenter -- smart, well spoken, clever, always under control and funny.

Rose continually irritates me -- I wish I could cut off the sound of his voice and just listen to his guests. He sure gets a great lineup of contributors.