The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Castelli Nebbiolo Release

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Castelli Nebbiolo Release

by TomHill » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:54 am

EmilioCastelli is a long-time friend up in the GreenVlly area between Occidental & Graton. He farms his small property by Fukuoka and has one of the ugliest vnyds you'll ever see. He has just released his three '09 Nebbs (plus three Pinots):
CastelliRelease

At our NEB get-togethers, Emilio's Nebbs are consistently one of the best we try. This is an opportunity to see what Calif has achieved w/ Nebbiolo.
If you're passionate about Barolo/Barbaresco, these are probably not the wines you want to try as you will find them lacking. If you love Nebbs from the AltoPiemonte, OltropoPavese, or the Valtelline; you may want to give these a try.
I have, of course, followed Emilio from the very start...when I found out some 10-12 yrs ago that he had planted Nebbiolo up in GreenVlly. He originally hailed from the LakeComo area of Italy. The red wine vinegar I make has it's mother from Emilio's grandfather's vinegar started back in the 1840's.
Anyway, thought this may be of interest to a few Nenniolo lovers.
Tom
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: Castelli Nebbiolo Release

by David M. Bueker » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:36 pm

I like Nebbiolo in general, so thank you.

My wife on the other hand has ordered a secret squad to have you eliminated for informing me of more wine I will likely buy.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: Castelli Nebbiolo Release

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:21 pm

Problem is here as well David! In-house PO checked what I was up to and asked since when have I been interested in Nebbiolo. I told her that Jim and David know their stuff and one has to keep up with all the news :lol: .