The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: Solminer Riesling SBC '13...(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: Solminer Riesling SBC '13...(short/boring)

by TomHill » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:27 pm

My club shipment arrived last week, so I cracked last night:
1. Solminer DryRiesling SBC (98 cs; 14%; www.Solminer.com) Lompoc 2013: Med.light gold color; slight Mosel valve oil/petrol/pungent ripe/pineapple/floral/R/spicy quite perfumed/fragrant lovely nose; rather tart/dry ripe/pineapple/mango/very floral/R light petrol/Mosel valve oil slight chalky/stony bright/zippy/vibrant flavor; very long tart/metallic/tangy/chalky strong ripe/mango/pineapple/apple blossom/floral/R light Mosel valve oil/gout de petrol/pungent finish; a bright/bracing/savory R w/ plenty of ripeness; reminds me a lot of some of the R from the Wachau rather than Germany; should age well for 4-8 yrs because of the acidity; great drinking stuff. $30.00
1. I hate wines like this. After I got home from fencing, I started to make apps for dinner company tonight, then started on my tartines for dinner. By the time I sat down to eat my tartines, the friggin' btl had 3/4'ths the wine gone. I hate wines that are this good that they don't last till dinner is on the table. Wonder if any other folks have this problem?? Or do they all buy crappy wine??
3. In the club shipment, Dave&Anna included a small picture book of the year in the life at Solminer. Some absolutely beautiful photography of their vnyd at sunset...very professional. A very nice touch I thought and a very good way to connect w/ your customers on a personal basis. Their son looks like a real live-wire.
Tom