The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Recent Wines...

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Richard Fadeley OLD

Rank

Ultra geek

Tue May 09, 2006 10:42 pm

Recent Wines...

by Richard Fadeley OLD » Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:36 pm

Have mostly enjoyed the following wines over the past few weeks:
L. Boillot '02 Cote de Nuits-Villages--Showing much better than just 1 year ago, with nice nose of cherry and raspberries, and earthiness, nice finish and just what a nice village wine should be, wish I had more.(K. Lynch Importer, $18 on closeout, 89pts)
Cht Lamothe Bergeron '00 Haut Medoc--Nice Bdx and just a little on the lighter side, must have been good because I finished the bottle with a Caesar's salad with NY strip slices.(Good QPR @ $15, 88 pts)
Romio '03 Sangiovese de Romagna--What a deal! This earthy classic Sangiovese is a steal @ $7, 87 pts).
Cht Caronnes SteGemme '00 Haut-Medoc--Not as stout as most 2000's. Just a medium duty Bdx and nice enough with food ($15, 85 pts)
Cave de Lugny '05 Les Charmes--I liked the '04 much better. This strangly seems underripe and not characteristic of most '05's. Buy the '04 if you can find it. I would rate the '04 @ 90 pts, but the '05-or at least this one- would only rate about 85-86 pts).
Laurent-Perrier Brut L-P--Always a favorite with me, drank over 3 days, with smoked salmon or sushi. Just as good on day 3. Good stuff ($23, 90 pts).
Cht Branaire-Ducru '02 St. Julien--Had to try one of these and was initially disappointed, but by the next day it managed to get to Parker's projected 90 pts. Probably would be best to wait a year or two. Not a big wine, but very nice St. Julien and decent QPR @ $28.
Monte Majone '99 Toscana IGT--Beware, this is headache city! Had this wine once before and just thought I had too much, but this time I had one glass and made the mistake of using in my spaghetti sauce. Imparted offputting odors to the sauce, though the wine tasted nice and earthy. My wife had the same headache (ALL DAY LONG)after only one glass as well. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE!
Richard Fadeley, CWS
aka Webwineman