The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: More Bottom Feeding at TraderJoe's..(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: More Bottom Feeding at TraderJoe's..(short/boring)

by TomHill » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:33 pm

New wine showed up at our SantaFe TJ's...so had to take one for the team:
1. RabbitRidge Allure de Robles PasoRobles Rhone-Style RW (14.8%; www.AllureDeRobles.com; Grenache/Syrah/Mourv) 2013: Med.dark color; ripe jammy/boysenberry/Syrah slight Grenache/strawberry slight earthy pleasant enough Paso nose; quite tart/lean/eviscerated light jammy/ripe/boysenberry/Syrah flavor w/ hard/bitey tannins; tart/lean ripe/Paso jammy/boysenberry/Syrah finish w/ light hard/bitey tannins; a pleasant enough PR/jammy nose but quite lean/eviscerated/hard on the palate; avoid this wine as it's pretty ugly. $7.00
1. RabbitRidge was started by ErichRussell in Heladsburg in 1981 when he was partners w/ SusanSelby. He was recognized as producing a lot of good value wines, particularly Zin. When they parted company, and after some run-in's w/ the law (he built/expanded his Healdsburg wnry w/o seeking out the necessary building permits), he bailed out to Paso, where he now runs RabbitRidge & RussellFamilyVnyds. His Allure de Robles line is targeted for TJ's and bottom feeders like myself. This is the first Allure I've tried. I'll try the White should it show up...but never again the Red.
Tom
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: More Bottom Feeding at TraderJoe's..(short/boring)

by Jenise » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:41 pm

Now THAT'S a blast from the past. I remember them from the Healdsburg days--had a fairly large tasting room with lots of room for buses. It was there in fact that we developed the policy of avoiding wineries with lots of room for buses. Had no idea whatever happened to them.

Sounds perfectly awful. Thanks for the sacrifice. ;)
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: WTN: More Bottom Feeding at TraderJoe's..(short/boring)

by Robin Garr » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:55 pm

Jenise wrote:Now THAT'S a blast from the past. I remember them ...

I'm pretty sure that Erich has been on the forum at some point in our nine lives, too ...