The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: '12 Bedrock Lorenzo's Zin/field flend

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

WTN: '12 Bedrock Lorenzo's Zin/field flend

by Jenise » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:56 am

Dang! Outstanding flavors of perfectly ripe, not overripe, zinfandel fruit complexed by other various grape varieties I don't recall all the names of. Initially quite full-figured but it acquired svelteness in the glass and the finish became more nuanced and spicy with each refill. Quite exceptional and perfect for a roast chicken taco dinner.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: WTN: '12 Bedrock Lorenzo's Zin/field flend

by David M. Bueker » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:48 am

Yep. Bedrock is doing some great stuff. Wish I had signed up earlier.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:37 am

Big Bedrock news...there is a Old Vines Zin here in town :D . Only $44 Cdn.
no avatar
User

Jon Leifer

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:34 pm

by Jon Leifer » Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:20 am

Jenise: If you still have some remaining bottles of Lorenzo, no rush to drink em..Bedrock wines age quite nicely, including the whites..Not sure that I got there as early as Tom Hill but I have been onboard for a while..,
2011 Bedrock Sauvignon Blanc, Kick Ranch, was terrific recently
Jon
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:55 pm

Jon Leifer wrote:Jenise: If you still have some remaining bottles of Lorenzo, no rush to drink em..Bedrock wines age quite nicely, including the whites..Not sure that I got there as early as Tom Hill but I have been onboard for a while..,
2011 Bedrock Sauvignon Blanc, Kick Ranch, was terrific recently

Haven't seen his whites up here at all. But I'm a fan of Kick Ranch SB fruit, and have several vintages of Bevan's. Have you had them?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jon Leifer

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:34 pm

by Jon Leifer » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:04 pm

Haven't had any of Russell's wines as yet..I am currently sitting on 5 vintages of the Bedrock SB slumbering peacefully in my cellar...The most recent vintage appears to be a blend of several vineyards, not sure what prompted the change..Wonder if Morgan longer has access to Kick Ranch fruit?
Jon
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

by Jenise » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:37 pm

Jon Leifer wrote:Haven't had any of Russell's wines as yet..I am currently sitting on 5 vintages of the Bedrock SB slumbering peacefully in my cellar...The most recent vintage appears to be a blend of several vineyards, not sure what prompted the change..Wonder if Morgan longer has access to Kick Ranch fruit?

The Bevans are magical. Not filtered, mildly hazy, and as serious and complex an SB as I've ever had from California. Tops Rochioli for me, and that's saying a lot.