The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

How would you spend $328 M. if you won the Power Ball?

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jim Grow

Rank

Wine guru

Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:31 am

Rockbridge Ohio

How would you spend $328 M. if you won the Power Ball?

by Jim Grow » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:15 pm

Since I have never tasted any DRC wines, I'd buy a case of each and then some D'Yquem, and Austrian Kracher TBA. I would not waste my money on Screaming Eagle but buy some Phelps Insignia, Shafer "Hillside Select" Cab. and Schrader Cab. Probably also buy a case each of 2009 1st. growth Bordeaux. I'd probably also buy some property ( maybe 40-50 ac.) in the magic triangle, where Montana, Idaho and Wyoming join as a summer trout get-away. I would have enough left over to buy all the great Alsatian and German wine from Kabinett to SGN to last me until I die with enough left over to give to TU (Trout Unlimited) and TNC, (The Nature Conservancy) generously. Maybe a trout trip to New Zealand would be in order also along with some winery visits while there! Well, on that note , a trout trip to Pagagonia might be in order also. Maybe I'm a little bored tonight!
no avatar
User

JC (NC)

Rank

Lifelong Learner

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Fayetteville, NC

Re: How would you spend $328 M. if you won the Power Ball?

by JC (NC) » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:40 am

I didn't buy a ticket and I wouldn't have won anyway but the winning numbers did have two of my numbers--4 and 27 (among the seven numbers I would play if I played the lottery.) There was a one million dollar winner (or was it two million) from a store in Spring Lake which is adjacent to Fayetteville and another from a Harris-Teeter grocery store in Raleigh. I think it would be much easier to deal with winnings of one or two million than hundreds of millions or over a billion dollars. It is nice to think about the good things I could do for my church and for charity if I had played and won.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: How would you spend $328 M. if you won the Power Ball?

by Jenise » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:48 pm

My head boggles at the thought. I think the first question I'd have to answer is, if I had unimaginable wealth, where would I live? I've never pondered that before. But chances are good if I moved, I'd have to learn French.

Like you, the cellar would get stocked right away. The insufficiencies of my current fleet would also have to be addressed. I'd buy my brother a house so he could retire NOW. I'd buy nice gifts for all my friends, and then I'd put some thought into how to make a difference to people in need with the rest.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov