The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.
no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:01 pm

WTN: Lagier-Meredith MtVeeder Mondeuse '13...(short/boring)

by TomHill » Mon May 23, 2016 11:45 am

The Pinot I cracked was a bit too wussy, so wanted something that'd put hair on my chest:
1. Lagier-Meredith Mondeuse MtVeeder/NapaVlly (14.1%; www.LagierMeredith.com) 2013: Very dark color; strong Mondeuse/herbal/rosemary bit dusty/mineral rugged mtn red interesting nose; bit tart rather earthy/mineral/dusty strong Mondeuse/blackberry/herbal/licorice/bit peppery rich/structured flavor w/ ample hard/firm tannins; very long some tart very structured strong Mondeuse/herbal/rosemary/pungent/peppery earthy/mineral light toasty/oak finish w/ some hard/rough tannins; speaks strongly of Mondeuse/herbal/thyme/rosemary but not the earthy rusticity of Savoie; similar in style to the Syrah but not the spicy perfume of that wine; a big/rugged/structured wine that needs 4-8 yrs of age. $38.70
1. When I ordered the new Tribidrag, I picked up a few more btls of the Mondeuse, so thought I'd crack one. I recall liking it more back in early December and thought it showed more perfumed aromatics than this btl did. This is a big/rugged mountain red that needs some time.
Tom