The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

MOCOOL REGISTRATION SITE IS UP!!!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:44 pm

Ohio

MOCOOL REGISTRATION SITE IS UP!!!

by JuliaB » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:09 pm

bottle shock.jpg
REGISTRATION SITE IS OPEN! GO NOW TO SIGN UP FOR THE GREATEST WINE EVENT OF THE YEAR!

http://WWW.MOCOOL.ORG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Ohio

Re: MOCOOL REGISTRATION SITE IS UP!!!

by JuliaB » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:45 pm

Have you signed up, yet? I have and can't wait for the fun to begin. I love, love, love the new t-shirts with the entire history of MoCool on the back.

MoCool XXV is going to stellar!

http://www.mocool.org
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Ohio

by JuliaB » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:18 pm

Whew! Deadlines are quickly approaching. We ask that you please register ASAP. Knowing the approximate numbers greatly helps us to plan food and other logistics. The last day to signup is Monday, August 8. You should get your cabin requests in before that.
Last day for T-shirt order is Aug. 1.
We greatly appreciate those early sign-ups, you'd be surprised how important those numbers are in providing you with the greatest wine event of the year!
If you have already taken care of all that.....feel the love!
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Ohio

by JuliaB » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:48 am

Final details:

Can you believe we are down to just 2 weeks from the greatest wine event of the year?

We have a couple of important details to review.
First, You have registered haven't you? Registrations close Aug. 8th but if you've ever hosted a party you know, the sooner people rsvp the better for planning food, wine etc.. go to http://www.mocool.org

T-shirts: Must be ordered by midnight Aug. 31. I have to get the order in on Aug. 1. Who would want to miss out on that cool logo on front and the history of MoCool on back?! They will not be available at the picnic for sale, you must order in advance. I believe these will be collectible!
Order at mocool.org

Secondly, Vinology! Can't wait! Event opens at 6:30. Madeline Triffon, Master Sommelier, will present some interesting selections of bubblies and Italian whites beginning at 7:00pm you don't want to miss it. The event is not a sit down dinner, but rather a taste, graze and shmooze. Help yourself to food and wine, mingle with friends. BYOB is not mandatory, but if you have something special you want to share, please do! We ask that you limit one bottle per person (we know how generous you wine geeks are!). NO corkage fee. Stems provided Dress casual. .Advanced purchase only. Go to mocool.org to join the fun!

Hotel people: Please respond to me with two bits of information:
1) Where you are and if you want bus transport to Vinology
2) Where you are and you want your name sent to everyone there so you can hook up. Impromptu tastings just happen, you don't want to miss them!

Picnic: You've registered, chosen your wine and you've signed up. Alan is planning a spectacular menu, the band is ready, this will be the event to top all events www. Mocool.org

Transportation: A bus will go from the Lodge to Holiday Inn Ex.to Vinology. and make two returns at 10:00 pm and 11:00pm. You must email me if you want to be on the bus in advance. Tom Noland will collect the fare. When we know how many, we divide the cost by the number of riders. We will let you know. There is no transportation arranged for the picnic.

I realize not everyone is on Facebook, but there is quite a buzz there about organizing verticals or horizontals. I can't keep you apprised of all the entries, but this is what Facebook banter looks like:

Vertical idea from Marwan..what do you think?
I think trying to duplicate the event with wines from the actual event would be too expensive, wines too old and difficult to find.
The wines were 4-7 years old at the time, that is too young to do today although very easy to duplicate.
I think we should pick an age between the extremes. the year 2000 was great in Bordeaux and 2001 was great in Napa. Both vintages should be accessible to get and drink. For the whites, younger. For the whites, younger years may be better especially for availability.
2010 for Chardonnay should be good for both.
So do you think we can recreate the Judgment of Paris with these vintages?
LikeShow more reactionsComment
Seen by 91
3Howie Hart, Marilyn Buckley and 1 other
Comments
Mike Hughes
Mike Hughes Sounds good. Looks like I will have an '01 Leoville-Las-Cases and an '01 Montrose. Couldn't find either of these entrants in the Judgment in '00 vintage at my supplier.
Like · Reply · July 20 at 1:49pm
Bob Stark
Bob Stark For the Ch. Montelena be from the Chateau or from Grgich who made the wine. If from Grgich I have the 2010 Judgement of Paris & that is the oldest of that series.
Like · Reply · July 20 at 3:07pm

Bob Stark replied · 4 Replies
William Holmes
William Holmes I have a number of 2000 bordeaux, some good ones (Lynch Bages, Pichon Baron, Ponte Canet, etc) but none of the contest wines. Love the idea though.
Like · Reply · 2 · July 20 at 5:03pm
David Cohen
David Cohen Ok, I am bringing three friends. Can this pair equal one bottle for each of us?
David Cohen's photo.
Like · Reply · July 20 at 6:19pm
David Cohen
David Cohen
David Cohen's photo.
Like · Reply · July 20 at 6:21pm
David Cohen
David Cohen The 1970 year shows on the my phone but not on FB
Like · Reply · July 20 at 6:22pm
David Cohen
David Cohen I found a Clos de Mouche but it is 99.
Like · Reply · July 20 at 6:31pm
Joshua Kates
Joshua Kates I have an '08 Meursault Charmes, by Antoine Jobard, that I can bring; supposed to be pretty good, though probably not Roulot. I also have a 2000 Gruad-Larose, though i thought it may be too young (see earlier interchange with David) and my friend Dilip...See More
Like · Reply · July 20 at 8:33pm
Dick Wilson
Dick Wilson I like Marwan's idea. I am bringing a 2002 Leoville Las Cases and an '03 Jos. Phelps Insignia, among other things.
Like · Reply · July 24 at 11:37am · Edited
Julia Benkert
Julia Benkert For my clarification, because I can be slow on the uptake, if we are imitating the Judgment of Paris with current vintages, wouldn't that be more of a horizontal than vertical? But if we are looking to expand on one type/producer (i.e. Leoville Las Ca...See More
Like · Reply · July 23 at 5:48pm

Julia Benkert replied · 7 Replies
Julia Benkert
Julia Benkert I am not organizing anything regarding the verticals or wine contributions. I am just having a hard time following if there is something specifically shaping up here that maybe I could jump in.. Vintage? JoP redux? Vertical? Inquiring minds want to know!
Like · Reply · July 23 at 6:17pm

David Cohen replied · 3 Replies
William Holmes
William Holmes I'm a bit confused too. I guess I will bring some decent 2000 bordeaux, though none will be JOP wines. But I will put them up against any 2001 CalCab that may be there. Hey, JB, how about a "Judgement Red" table 2000 bordeaux vs. 2001 California Cabs and anyone who wants to join in can do so. Same for whites.
Like · Reply · 2 · July 23 at 10:07pm

David Cohen replied · 1 Reply
Jim Grow
Jim Grow Hey Ol' Willie, excuse my ignorance but what are JOP wines? I look forward to seeing you and Beth in mid-August. Oh I just got it... Judgement of Paris.
Unlike · Reply · 1 · July 24 at 1:02pm

David Cohen replied · 1 Reply
Marwan Bader
Marwan Bader Perhaps I need to clarify things
Like · Reply · July 25 at 2:04pm
Marwan Bader
Marwan Bader The vertical/horizontal tasting idea is not a replacement of the main event, it is a subset of the main event on Saturday.
Unlike · Reply · 1 · July 25 at 2:05pm

Julia Benkert replied · 1 Reply
Marwan Bader
Marwan Bader I would like to expand the idea to cover a few years for those who are interested but have only certain vintages. It was suggested to have vintages from 2000 to 2005 from both Napa and Bordeaux. If you are interested please respond with what you would like to bring so we can organize this tasting.
Unlike · Reply · 1 · July 25 at 2:10pm

Mike Hughes replied · 2 Replies
Joshua Kates
Joshua Kates Work in progress, Marwan Bader, as this was not the direction I was initially thinking of going. Right now intending to bring 2000 Gruaud-Larose and 2005 Harlan the Maiden. (As well as some 80's Bordeaux and 08 Cali Chard and Meursault,) What have you got teed up?
Like · Reply · July 28 at 8:09pm
Marwan Bader
Marwan Bader I will bring 2003 Ducru Beaucaillou and 2003 Spottswoode for the Vertical/Horizontal subset.
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 10:39am
Marwan Bader
Marwan Bader So far, we have the followiing:
Marwan Bader
Marwan Bader 2000 Branaire Ducru
2000 sociando mallet
2000 Pontet Canet....See More
See Translation
Mike Hughes
Mike Hughes I believe Dick Wilson posted above that he has the 02 Leoville Las Cases and the 03 Phelps Insignia
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 10:41am

Marwan Bader replied · 2 Replies
Jim Grow
Jim Grow I am bringing the 2000 Clos St. Martin and the 2001 Pichon Baron but was planning on putting the Clos St. Martin in the general access Bordeaux table.
Like · Reply · 22 hrs
Marwan Bader
Marwan Bader Sounds great.
Like · Reply · 21 hrs
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Ohio

by JuliaB » Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:19 pm

Heads up! Today is the last day to order MoCool, ultra-cool, t-shirts! I have to put the order in tomorrow.We offer women's fitted and unisex sizes. Also 4XL is available, just send me a message after you put your order in for 3XL. No problem

I will wear mine with pride sporting a beautiful design on the front and displaying the history of the greatest wine event on earth, on the back. I can only imagine all the comments I will get when I wear it! MoCool proud!
Go to www.mocool.org to order yours before time runs out...the clock is ticking!

JuliaB
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Ohio

by JuliaB » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:24 pm

Pinch me! MoCool XXV, the anniversary edition, begins in just EIGHT DAYS!!!!!! I have my to do list on the frig. So far..

- Register for MoCool Friday + Saturday ☑
- Buy t-shirt ☑ (should have bought 2, I think they are so cool)
-Select wines ...not all, yet ☑
- Buy some supplies for event ☑
- Make list of all I need to pack ☑ Not room for even a toothpick more!

How's your list coming? I am ready to go!!
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Ohio

by JuliaB » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:44 pm

REMINDER:REGISTRATION CLOSES IN 4 DAYS! :shock:

Can think of few things sadder than missing this event; it will be spectacular!