The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

2011 Ridge Santa Cruz Cabernet and More!

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Brian K Miller

Rank

Passionate Arboisphile

Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:05 am

Northern California

2011 Ridge Santa Cruz Cabernet and More!

by Brian K Miller » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:55 pm

2011 Marc Temper Alsace Zellenberg Pinot Blanc. My third bottle of this lovely, rich Alsatian white, and I still love it! Definitely some rich "apple" fruit with a hint of sweetness, but then the sweet drops out and we finish clean, with a savory, nutty, and lighter element. Lovely stuff!

2011 Ridge Santa Cruz Mountains Cabernet Sauvignon Probably way too young, but we still loved it. Definitely showed the cold, rainy year, with a pleasant but not overwhelming green note. Polished tannins. Plus texture, but also bracing acidity that went so well with an amazing "Spanish" Lamb Stew. Delicious stuff!

2010 Clarksburg Wine Company "Remenance" Perhaps lacks the purity and classic character of the Ridge, but as always with CWC, a very nice bottle of wine nonetheless. Not over the top or blowsy, more fruit than the Ridge, and still somewhat green. The pyrazines are also still here, adding freshness to the wine. If the Ridge is a solid A-/B+, the CWC Remenance is a solid B!
...(Humans) are unique in our capacity to construct realities at utter odds with reality. Dogs dream and dolphins imagine, but only humans are deluded. –Jacob Bacharach
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

Re: 2011 Ridge Santa Cruz Cabernet and More!

by David M. Bueker » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:45 pm

Thanks Brian. I have a bunch of that 2011 Ridge, so it is good to get a data point. The '08 was delicious but really young last night.
Decisions are made by those who show up