The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

Wed. Chat

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:44 pm

Ohio

Wed. Chat

by JuliaB » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:45 pm

Just curious...does anyone stop by for Wed.chat anymore? I usually find myself standing in an empty chat room. Wed. night use to be a party..where have all the revelers gone? If it were at an earlier time would that make a difference, or has the Wed. chat ship sailed?

Faithful chatter,
JuliaB
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Wed. Chat

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:38 pm

Early might be worth a try, JB. I'm generally drifting away from screens by Wednesday chat time and busy on Sundays. The chat room is available 24x7, so we could certainly try an experiment!
no avatar
User

JuliaB

Rank

Woman of Mystery

Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:44 pm

Ohio

by JuliaB » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:48 pm

Thank you, Robin. I will forever be in your debt for starting WLDG , especially the chat room. Once upon a time, it was the highlight of my Wednesday and Sunday. I remember my husband's panicked expression when he realized we had stayed too long at a restaurant and feared I would be late for chat! Even though I assured him life would go on, he would do everything in his power to get me home because he knew I had such a good time talking with my wine friends. And it is those long lasting friendships that have sprung from the silly, sometimes wine-related (often late night) chats, that I will always cherish. For this, I thank you!

JB
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:40 am

I used to contribute but felt like an outsider. Rather too much a clique in my opinion.
no avatar
User

James Roscoe

Rank

Chat Prince

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:43 pm

D.C. Metro Area - Maryland

by James Roscoe » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:36 am

Bob come back! There is no one to be cliquey with anymore. Many nights it's just JB all by herself. I am making more of an effort to show up on Wednesdays. Would an earlier time work for you? I am not sure which timezone you are in?

Also, come to MoCool! You will never be alone again! :D
Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows
That too many people have died?
The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind
The answer is blowin' in the wind.