The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: 09 Brialles 82 Poyferre 94 P.Lalande Pegau Jadot Pontet

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Bill Spohn

Rank

He put the 'bar' in 'barrister'

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 pm

Vancouver BC

WTN: 09 Brialles 82 Poyferre 94 P.Lalande Pegau Jadot Pontet

by Bill Spohn » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:09 pm

2002 Bruno Paillard Champagne Blanc de Blancs Brut – medium colour a very nice fresh brioche yeasty nose, good clean acidity and balance.

2009 Domaine Chandon de Briailles Corton-Charlemagne – initial whiff of sulfur passed quickly, followed by some wet stone, mineral and fruit. Good fruit on palate and a medium long clean finish.

1982 Château Léoville Poyferré – leather and oak with dark fruit in the nose, opened well on palate but the fruit seemed to taper off a tad toward the end. Decent bottle.

1993 Remoissenet Vosne Romanee 1er Cru Les Beaux Monts – pale, with a slightly funky nose, bright fruit in the mouth, elegant and long. Very good!

1994 Pichon Lalande – excellent nose with cassis, wood and plumy aspects, compact but not angular on palate and finishing with good acidity.

2001 Vergelegen Cabernet Sauvignon – dark to the rim with a lovely cocoa and berry palate and tight minty finish. No rush

2000 Domaine du Pégaü CnduP Cve Reservee – big ripe garrigue and dark fruit nose, excellent fruit level in the mouth and long finish. Very good drinking now.

2000 Bodegas Aalto Ribera del Duero – dark wine with moderate fruit and lots of acidity. Lots of soft tannin. Develops some cassis notes. Decent

2004 Pontet Canet – dark, ripe, extracted and rather Californian. Good length, just not very typical claret.

2005 Jadot Pommard – not much happening in the nose of this village wine, but a bit of vanilla and earth. Some ripeness on palate, a tad simple perhaps but not bad. Not sure what the future holds for this.
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: WTN: 09 Brialles 82 Poyferre 94 P.Lalande Pegau Jadot Po

by Jenise » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:15 pm

Some comments:

1993 Remoissenet Vosne Romanee 1er Cru Les Beaux Monts – Just LOVED this. Very complete in a textbook, everything-you-want-in-aged-red-Burgundy kind of way. Was surprised in fact that it was only a 1er cru.

1994 Pichon Lalande – Your wine, and excellent. I preferred it to the 82 Leoville Poyferre.

2001 Vergelegen Cabernet Sauvignon – Really stood out as being South African, so traditional in style but so new world in fruit. I think it's not only "no rush", but pretty youthful--it really doesn't have much secondary development yet.

2004 Pontet Canet – Way way too young yet.

2005 Jadot Pommard – I brought this, and was a bit embarrassed by it. Thank goodness my 09 Briailles was so good.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:39 pm

Not sure what you were expecting to get out of negotiant village Pommard. I love Jadot, but largely steer clear of their village wines. They are boring, pretty much across the board.

I still have half a case of '04 Pontet Canet in 375ml. It has been drinking well, if young, for a while. Out of 750ml it makes sense that it was still rather youthful.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

by Jenise » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:44 pm

David M. Bueker wrote:Not sure what you were expecting to get out of negotiant village Pommard. I love Jadot, but largely steer clear of their village wines. They are boring, pretty much across the board.

I still have half a case of '04 Pontet Canet in 375ml. It has been drinking well, if young, for a while. Out of 750ml it makes sense that it was still rather youthful.

I have no idea why I bought it and can't retrace my steps now, but I clearly bought it with some kind of expectations or I wouldn't have bought them (yeah, I got two) at all. Typically, I don't buy village red burgs at all.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov