The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

NEWS: Neal Martin joins Vinuous

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

NEWS: Neal Martin joins Vinuous

by Jenise » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Press release:

Starting February 2018, Neal Martin will add his incredible breadth of knowledge to Vinous' roster of superstar wine critics that already includes Galloni, Stephen Tanzer, Josh Raynolds, Ian Agata and David Schildknecht. Vinous brings together the most trusted voices in wine writing and delivers their views to a global audience in a continual, daily stream of articles that breaks free from the constraints of traditional print media. In addition to reading Neal Martin's reviews on the Vinous website, readers will be able to find his perspective on the Delectable wine app (which was acquired by Vinous in 2016), alongside over 5 million user ratings.

Neal Martin will cover the wines of Bordeaux, Burgundy, South Africa and New Zealand. With the addition of Martin to the team, Vinous will offer readers unprecedented insight into the wines of Bordeaux and Burgundy, both of which will be jointly covered by two leading authorities in wine. Martin and Galloni will each write separate, independent reports on the wines of Bordeaux, including en primeur, new releases from bottle, top value picks, and verticals and vintage retrospectives. Similarly, Neal Martin and Steve Tanzer will both cover Burgundy.
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

ChaimShraga

Rank

Wine guru

Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:53 am

Tel-Aviv, Israel

Re: NEWS: Neal Martin joins Vinuous

by ChaimShraga » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:12 am

I guess the final rat has swum off the sinking ship.
Positive Discrimination For White Wines!
http://2GrandCru.blogspot.com
no avatar
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:36 am

How much to subscribe?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

Rank

Forum Janitor

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:44 pm

Louisville, KY

by Robin Garr » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:34 am

Bob Parsons Alberta wrote:How much to subscribe?

"Priceless." :twisted:
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:41 pm

Martin was in no way a rat.

There really has only ever been one King Rat, and that was Parker. Lisa Perotti-Brown is now just trying to squeeze every last dollar from the brand before Parker departs this Earth.

Neal made a smart move.

It's $120 a year Bob. Seems like a hefty sum, though it's essentially $10/month, which is a drop in the wine bucket.
Decisions are made by those who show up
no avatar
User

Dale Williams

Rank

Compassionate Connoisseur

Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:32 pm

Dobbs Ferry, NY (NYC metro)

by Dale Williams » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:57 pm

David M. Bueker wrote:Martin was in no way a rat.

There really has only ever been one King Rat, and that was Parker. Monica Larner is now just trying to squeeze every last dollar from the brand before Parker departs this Earth..

David, I believe you mean Lisa Perotti-Brown is the squeezer. Monica L is the Italian reviewer, and has a good (but limited) rep. I think Joe Cz (nice guy, NYC wine regular, used to post on old WLDG) recently joined WA, good reviewer, but at moment not really a market driver. Same for the German reviewer (Reinhardt?). The only reviewer other than Parker (who seems to be battling health issues) who would generally be considered an authority is Luis G in Spain, but he's scarcely a market mover. Will be interested to see how it goes.
no avatar
User

David M. Bueker

Rank

Riesling Guru

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:52 am

Connecticut

by David M. Bueker » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:19 pm

Thanks Dale. Yes, I meant Lisa.

Squires does not move markets either. Of course his beat is pretty hard to move no matter who is doing the reviewing.
Decisions are made by those who show up