The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

NEWS: Colgin sells to luxury brand LVMH

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

NEWS: Colgin sells to luxury brand LVMH

by Jenise » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:31 pm

From the letter sent to customers (no, I'm not one of them):

"We have agreed to enter into a strategic partnership with Bernard Arnault and LVMH. Under the terms of the agreement, my husband Joe and I have sold a sixty percent stake to the LVMH Group while continuing to hold forty percent equity in the business and maintaining our leadership functions. Our talented winery team will continue to be lead by Joe and myself along with COO, Paul Roberts, MS and Winemaker, Allison Tauziet. We are happy that our entire staff will remain in place and continue to offer our customers the unique and high-end experiences weâ?Tve always created. I realized that I could not find a better partner for Colgin Cellars to preserve our founding spirit and our exquisitely handcrafted red wines, into the future. Be assured that the level of quality and attention you have come to expect from us will continue for many decades to come."
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Patchen Markell

Rank

Wine guru

Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:18 am

Ithaca, New York

Re: NEWS: Colgin sells to luxury brand LVMH

by Patchen Markell » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:49 pm

No, it makes sense; think of the brand synergy. There could be a Fendi/Colgin wine tote. A line of early-maturing Cabernets under the "Pret-à-Boire" label. Brilliant!
cheers, Patchen