The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

2005 WesMar Zinfandel

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

Jason Hagen

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:03 pm

SoCal

2005 WesMar Zinfandel

by Jason Hagen » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:36 pm

• 2005 WesMar Zinfandel - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (11/21/2017)
    I miss the WesMar Zins. They were able to manage big alcohol without boozieness and heat. Showing some secondary elements but still fresh. Plums and a touch of citrus. Full bodied with medium/high acidity. I enjoyed this more as a youthful bruiser but this continues to drink well. (90 pts.)

Jason
no avatar
User

Jenise

Rank

FLDG Dishwasher

Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:45 pm

The Pacific Northest Westest

Re: 2005 WesMar Zinfandel

by Jenise » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:28 pm

Don't think I ever heard of this producer. Apparently, they're out of biz?
My wine shopping and I have never had a problem. Just a perpetual race between the bankruptcy court and Hell.--Rogov
no avatar
User

Jason Hagen

Rank

Wine guru

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:03 pm

SoCal

Re: 2005 WesMar Zinfandel

by Jason Hagen » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:46 pm

Jenise wrote:Don't think I ever heard of this producer. Apparently, they're out of biz?

Still in biz, they just don't make Zin anymore. They are Pinot focused. The name, WesMar = Wesley & Mary. Mary's maiden name is Selyem, yes that Selyem. I would give them then nod the best pinot aromatics in the state. Intoxicating.

I quit buying California Pinot years ago but did just revisit my 05 WesMars and they are awesome. They lost Olivet Lane awhile ago which was a bummer but their Oehlman Vineyard bottling is great.

Jason