The place for all things wine, focused on serious wine discussions.

WTN: ForgeCllrs DryRiesling FingerLakes '15..(short/boring)

Moderators: Jenise, Robin Garr, David M. Bueker

no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

WTN: ForgeCllrs DryRiesling FingerLakes '15..(short/boring)

by TomHill » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:02 pm

Tried this over the weekend:
1. ForgeCllrs DryRiesling Classique FingerLakes (85% east side SenecaLake/15% west side CayugaLake; Hrvstd: Oct 11-26; RS:0.42%; www.ForgeCellars.com; 1800 cs; 13%) LouisBarruol/RichardRainey/JustinBoyette Hector/NY 2015: Med.dark gold color; clean/crisp quite mineral/flinty/steely some floral/R/bit mango fairly perfumed/aromatic quite attractive nose; quite tart/tangy/bit metallic rather steely/tangy/flinty/mineral/chalky light floral/R/mango fairly lean/austere bit eviscerated flavor; very long quite tangy/tart slight lime/citric some metallic/steely/flinty/mineral light floral/mango/R rather austere finish; quite an interesting terroir-driven R more like those from MargaretRiver than Germany. $21.00 (KK)
1. When I got my latest WineSphincter in the mail w/ the World's..er...Universe's Top 100 wines, I immediately ripped out the pull-out page and speeded down to KoKoMan's. I had to have that Duckorn Merlot. I pleaded & whined to Mark to get me a btl, even offered him my first-born son. Alas, it was not to be had at any price. So let's go onto #2. Nope...none available. So we continued to work our way down the list. Bingo....#31...Forge Riesling...he had one btl left...which I, of course, jumped at. But...ye gads...#31. I'm worth much more than that. I am such a pitiful example of humanity if #31 is the best I can do. Life is no longer worth living...I'm such a wuss.
User

Bob Parsons Alberta

Rank

aka Doris

Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Re: WTN: ForgeCllrs DryRiesling FingerLakes '15..(short/bori

by Bob Parsons Alberta » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:11 pm

Great to see a note on Finger Lakes Riesling..you have been following my posts and questions :lol: .
no avatar
User

TomHill

Rank

Here From the Very Start

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Of Course...

by TomHill » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:16 pm

Bob Parsons Alberta wrote:Great to see a note on Finger Lakes Riesling..you have been following my posts and questions :lol: .

Why of course, Bob. I'm just another one of the thousands of the BobParsonsSheep!! :lol:
Alas, we just don't see many FLX wines down here in the lower 48.
Tom
no avatar
User

Joe Moryl

Rank

Wine guru

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:38 pm

New Jersey, USA

Re: WTN: ForgeCllrs DryRiesling FingerLakes '15..(short/bori

by Joe Moryl » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:05 pm

Barruol apparently visited the area, got impressed by its potential, and was interested in a cool climate project. The other partners are long time guys on the FL wine scene, mainly growers, IIRC. You won't likely find it on a shelf in CA, but Boyette is the winemaker at place called Hector Wine Company, where Forge is based, that makes a pretty decent Syrah, of all things.